No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Trainer: Canelo Looked Like a Child, An Amateur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara's Trainer: Canelo Looked Like a Child, An Amateur

Some time has passed, and trainer Ronnie Shields is still very confident that his boxer, WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-2-2, 12KOs) did more than enough to beat Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (43-1-1, 31KOs) on July 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo won a twelve round majority decision.

Even with the controversy and fans debating over who deserved the victory, Shields has no expectations of a rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara looked like a ballay Dancer once he felt the body shots, get over it already Linda Lara lost as simple as that and the whole boxing wrold knows that for a fact, cant run for most of the fight and win.

Comment

CANELO did look amateurish at times , but nothin amateurish when landin those beautiful body shots NONSTOP durin d fight

Comment

"The Ant", "The Hippo", and Ronnie Shields are gonna be crying until the end of time. How ironic that Shields says Canelo looked like an amateur, .

Comment

It's a shame how Angulo and Molina gave Lara a tougher fight than Cinnabon

"Jump on the ropes mijo!"

Comment

Lara lost to an amateur then

Comment

Here we go again!!

Comment

The Lara camp needs to stop crying already. I'm losing respect for Ronnie. It's one thing to believe his fighter won (which he can make a case for it, though a weak one, in my mind), but it's quite another to say that Lara "dominated" Canelo. That's just silly. It was a boring ass fight. Neither fighter looked impressive. Neither fighter dominated. Ronnie is starting to sound like JMM when he clearly lost to Bradley. I'm a JMM fan and I have tremendous respect for his accomplishments; but he sounded like a straight ***** with all the whining post Bradley.

Comment

Uh-huh. Whatever, Ronnie.

I supported Lara going into the fight, but he looked like a goddamn marathon runner after however many rounds it was.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Some time has passed, and trainer Ronnie Shields is still very confident that his boxer, WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-2-2, 12KOs) did more than enough to beat Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (43-1-1, 31KOs) on July 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo won a twelve round majority decision.

Even with the controversy and fans debating over who deserved the victory, Shields has no expectations of a rematch.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    He sees largely what I see, that Canelo is a good, but unimpressive fighter and certainly not elite. Nothing special about him. Nothing special about Cotto either, but the difference is that Cotto is more fundamentally sound, has higher ring IQ, and is 10x more proven at the highest level.

Comment

Working...
                    X