No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio Pushing To Get Mandatory Shot at Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio Pushing To Get Mandatory Shot at Miguel Cotto

Marco Antonio Rubio (59-6-1, 51KOs) is pushing to get his "mandatory fight" against WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs). The World Boxing Council ordered then champion Sergio Martinez to faces Rubio, but they allowed Martinez to make a defense against Cotto last month in New York. Cotto stopped Martinez to capture the belt. Rubio holds the WBC's interim-title.

[Click Here To Read More]

I get the feeling that Cotto will vacate the belt rather than fight Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      He fought Delvin Rodriguez among other predictable wins, this one is more than likely and it makes sense.

Comment

It's not a big money fight though. He has bigger and better options.

Comment

It's not a big money fight though. He has bigger and better options.
          If he attempts to unify with GGG he might be able to avoid Rubio and still keep his belt and get a big pay day

Comment

Rubio represents little challenge for Cotto, this would be a money loss for Cotto and to top it off no one wants to see this fight anyways.

Comment

Why not Rubio vs ggg/geale winner

Comment

I have no interest in watching Rubio fight at all.

Comment

This fight may happen. And if GGG wins he may face Canelo in November, with the winners facing off 5 de Mayo... or at least what should happen.

Comment

I think Cotto should seriously consider Andrade @ 154. I know Andrade is a slick southpaw, but at least he has a belt. I just have a feeling that if Cotto and Canelo don't meet in their next fight, one of them is going to get beat in 2014. Canelo should stay away from Kirkland, and Cotto should avoid the entire MW division.

Comment

Working...
                    X