Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Erupts - Shreds Martinez Over Canelo-Lara!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Erupts - Shreds Martinez Over Canelo-Lara!

Teddy Atlas, expert analyst for ESPN's Friday Night Fights, absolutely exploded over the subject of Levi Martinez's 117-111 scorecard in last week's fight between WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-2-2, 12KOs) and Saul "Canelo' Alvarez (44-1-1, 31KOs), which took place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Canelo won a split decision in a very close fight. One Judge scored it 115-113 for Canelo, while another had it 115-113 for Lara. But Martinez had it one way, with Canelo getting a wide nod of 117-111. And what stood out to most was Martinez scoring the final round in favor of Lara, where nearly everyone else had scored the round for Canelo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara won!!

Comment

Big Canelo fan, I felt like Lara won 7-5 or a draw AT BEST for Canelo. I could possibly see it scored 7-5 Canelo as a few rounds were swing rounds. I remember being worried after the final bell.

Of course, I only watched the fight once. And intoxicated.

Comment

I have always believed Atlas is on drugs.

Comment

Canelo winning wasn't a robbery... I had it a draw but my god.... 117-111 is absolutely PATHETIC!

He didn't even give Lara a chance to win. It's like he made his scorecard up before the fight even started.

absolutely no chance in hell Canelo won that fight 117-111

Comment

Close fight but right guy won

Comment

Lara clearly won the fight but lost the politics of it all. GB will always protect Canelo.

Comment

SALUTE! Teddy is on point. Get em' outta here!

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Big Canelo fan, I felt like Lara won 7-5 or a draw AT BEST for Canelo. I could possibly see it scored 7-5 Canelo as a few rounds were swing rounds. I remember being worried after the final bell.

Of course, I only watched the fight once. And intoxicated.

Yea i scored it for Lara at first and then a draw after the 2nd watch. Neither man deserved the W in that fight.

Comment

Johan Perez was also rob that miserable night!!Herrera also lose that night!!

Comment

Working...
                    X