No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Can't Figure Out What's Special About Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: I Can't Figure Out What's Special About Brook

IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter says he wants to reach across the Cold War battlefield and fight a Top-Rank affiliated fighter at some point.

Porter, who meets Kell Brook at Stub Hub Center Aug. 16, is managed by Al Haymon and promoted by Golden Boy. Since Richard Schaefer left Golden Boy, there is hope that boxing will see more of "interleague play," so to speak.
    [Click Here To Read More]

His ability to be the mandatory challenger for so long and finally now stepping up to the plate. But it's not special, Povetkin did it.

Comment

Sadly, I have to agree. "Special" is probably the least suitable moniker since they called Chad Dawson "Bad". Kell is pretty textbook overall and does nothing that stands out as special.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Sadly, I have to agree. "Special" is probably the least suitable moniker since they called Chad Dawson "Bad". Kell is pretty textbook overall and does nothing that stands out as special.
        Haha, true.

However, Brook is a really good basic fighter. He sort of does most things well, going by boxing textbook. Solid footwork, throws most punches in the book. Good, hard jab. decent hand speed. Good power.

But it's not special.

Comment

Porters clearly never heard him in an interview then...
          Last edited by jacksonrr; 07-14-2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

Comment

50/50 fight, Brook to win via TKO imo.

Comment

At using an another fighter's name (Khan), whilst fighting nobodies to stay relevant. Special talent right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                At using an another fighter's name (Khan), whilst fighting nobodies to stay relevant. Special talent right there.
                Hey we really should be rooting for Brook to win this, If he can take the W over Porter we will potentially have a super fight against Brook and Khan in Britain.

What is not to like about that but I do agree Kell is very often to mention Khans name to try and keep himself in the mix possibly because Khan is the more world wide established name.

Comment

Originally dubbed 'Special K' after the **** low fat cereal (same logo and everything). Realising this was rubbish, his name evolved in to 'Special kell'....... at an even later date the name changed again to 'The special one'. Like Pikachu, he evolves and the name changes...... but he's still pants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Hey we really should be rooting for Brook to win this, If he can take the W over Porter we will potentially have a super fight against Brook and Khan in Britain.

What is not to like about that but I do agree Kell is very often to mention Khans name to try and keep himself in the mix possibly because Khan is the more world wide established name.
                    I'm really split on this. I also want what you just stated, but if Brook gets smashed and never makes it to Khan that too would be hilarious. This fight is a win-win as I'm content with either man winning.

Comment

Working...
                    X