No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Lara's Trainer Furious With Canelo Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Lara's Trainer Furious With Canelo Outcome

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Ryan Burton catches up with Ronnie Shields, trainer for WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara, to discuss the Showtime Pay-Per-View twelve round split decision loss to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Shields discussed his anger with the scoring of the fight, why Lara should have been given the decision, Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya showing favoritism during the promotion for Canelo, and more.

[Click Here To Read More]

I didn't catch everything Shield's was saying in the corner but the few bits I did remember hearing were "keep doing what you're doing" and crap like that. Brilliant work, man.

Comment

Shields is overrated as hell and was either brought in mid career or been an assistant for every decent fighter he's worked with. Guy is not Ray Arcel.

Comment

LOL at this crybaby. real boxing fans know that Canelo won.. Nobody wants to see a rematch cuz Lara is boring as ****. There's a difference between dodging punches using defensive skills to make your opponent miss. Then there's running away from punches. If you call that boxing then ANYBODY can be a boxer... Just get in the ring and runaway from the guy throwing punches at you. SMH... Canelo won, he didn't look great at all because he was throwing punches and missing but he was throwing them at a guy that kept running away. When Mayweather makes you miss he makes you miss standing still.

Comment

Ronnie Shields was spot on in this vid.

The real boxing fans DO know who won this fight.

Comment

Lara and Shields, really ?

Don't understand these Idiots most of the time...Where was the Lara who was going to throw 10 punches to Canelo's 1 ?
            Like said, Telling Lara to keep doing what he's doing - don't change anything ? What fight was he watching ? Lara was accomplishing nothing !

Did they really think they could throw a punch, move around the ring, throw one, move all over again etc...and win ? You want to stick and move like Mayweather you have to have skill first of all and it has to be effective. Lara has none of this.
            Sure, Lara and Shields, they are going to give you a win on some lame points win after that performance...Morons !

Showed absolutely nothing that would interest Golden Boy or anyone else to cultivate Lara into a PPV attraction...There's nothing there !

Comment

Shields was spot on but boxing isn't fair and never will be. Canelo doesn't have to do more because he is the guy that's selling the tix.

Comment

only way to beat canelo on the cards is by winning 11 rounds or more. even if you scored KDs the ref will probably call them slips.

Comment

I understand Ronnie is emotional right now but there are few things he's very wrong about.

1. Boxing fans don't want to turn off their TVs because of the bad judging, they want to turn off their TV when they watch guys like Lara and Rigo.

2. Golden Boy wasn't at his camp because Lara made it explicitly clear that he's with Al Haymon and he pretty much disrespected the promoter and told Oscar that he would punch him too.

3. Ronnie did a terrible job as a corner man this fight. I don't know if it was after the 4,5 or 6th round when Canelo had his best round, he told Lara in the corner "you gotta do what you just did this round", I was like is this guy for real?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    I understand Ronnie is emotional right now but there are few things he's very wrong about.

1. Boxing fans don't want to turn off their TVs because of the bad judging, they want to turn off their TV when they watch guys like Lara and Rigo.

2. Golden Boy wasn't at his camp because Lara made it explicitly clear that he's with Al Haymon and he pretty much disrespected the promoter and told Oscar that he would punch him too.

3. Ronnie did a terrible job as a corner man this fight. I don't know if it was after the 4,5 or 6th round when Canelo had his best round, he told Lara in the corner "you gotta do what you just did this round", I was like is this guy for real?

I think Lara's only good punch was that right hook he landed. beside that everything else was pitty pats at best. At least mayweather actually landed clean, hard blows (even though he doesn't have that much power)

Comment

Working...
                    X