No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Mayweather Sr. on Canelo-Lara, Maidana Part 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Mayweather Sr. on Canelo-Lara, Maidana Part 2

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Ryan Burton catches up with Floyd Mayweather Sr., trainer and father of Floyd Mayweather Jr., discuss the fight between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Erislandy Lara, the scoring of the fight, whether or not Canelo can defeat Miguel Cotto, the upcoming September rematch between his son and Marcos Maidana, the strategy they need to use for the rematch with Mayweather, dirty tactics being used by Maidana during the first fight and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

FLoyd Sr is spot on.

Boring fight. Canelo punching air. Lara refusing to let his hands go.

Like Sr said, "Floyd beats em both on the same night"

Comment

Floyd Sr. suggesting Canelo wasn't even trying to land his punches? Or was incapable of trying to land his punches? He seems to be making some sort of disclaimer before he reiterates (starts @ 4:07). Gotta admit Canelo threw some strange looking punches last night. Even some of the left hooks to the body he threw were not turned over and landed very awkward. Definite firsts to my eyes.

Comment

Floyd Sr. talks like he's punch drunk, i shut this useless video off halfway when the dude kept forgetting what he was talking about, SMH.

Comment

It's sad for me to listen to senior try to put sentences together. He's only 3 or 4 years older than Ray Leonard but the condition he's in is obviously from substance abuse. He only had 30 or 35 fights and didn't take tremendous abuse in the ring so his condition stems from other problems.
          I remember him as an amateur boxer and was pretty slick and a top contender who again avoided punishment then. Very sad!

The fight stunk!!! I thought it would! Lara is NOT a pro fighter he's stuck in the amateur game where its "tag your it"! Sorry in the pros you eventually have to fight not just box. He talked a lot better than he fought!
          Canelo is Canelo he's nothing great put it seems that he comes to give an effort and maybe after his weak showing with Floyd he's grown up.
          We'll see against Cotto!
          Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Floyd Sr. suggesting Canelo wasn't even trying to land his punches? Or was incapable of trying to land his punches? He seems to be making some sort of disclaimer before he reiterates (starts @ 4:07). Gotta admit Canelo threw some strange looking punches last night. Even some of the left hooks to the body he threw were not turned over and landed very awkward. Definite firsts to my eyes.

Comment

Floyd Sr calling other boxers runners. Lmfao. The sad thing is he is right about Lara. Makes Floyd look like ****ing Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                This gif image right here, is exactly why I raise my eyebrow when they say Canelo was landing the harder shots. He threw harder shots but Lara was landing a lot more harder shots in most rounds.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing morning!

lara was to defensive minded just wanted to look good.

u cant win the fight by makin canelo miss a few times.

if he would have just kept pumping the left hand all night he would have won easily. canelo had no counter. he just froze everytime it landed

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    It's sad for me to listen to senior try to put sentences together. He's only 3 or 4 years older than Ray Leonard but the condition he's in is obviously from substance abuse. He only had 30 or 35 fights and didn't take tremendous abuse in the ring so his condition stems from other problems.
                    I remember him as an amateur boxer and was pretty slick and a top contender who again avoided punishment then. Very sad!

The fight stunk!!! I thought it would! Lara is NOT a pro fighter he's stuck in the amateur game where its "tag your it"! Sorry in the pros you eventually have to fight not just box. He talked a lot better than he fought!
                    Canelo is Canelo he's nothing great put it seems that he comes to give an effort and maybe after his weak showing with Floyd he's grown up.
                    We'll see against Cotto!
                    Ray.
                    Substance abuse? Bro him and Roger are both sick as hell with all types of medical conditions they probably are pumped with so much medicine and pills and your going to say they are drug heads?

Comment

Working...
                    X