No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo - Bigger Robbery Than Paul Williams Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo - Bigger Robbery Than Paul Williams Loss

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-2-2, 12KOs) and his team were furious with Saturday's twelve round split decision loss to Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (44-1-1, 31KOs).

On Saturday night they met in the ring, at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Lara was tabbed as the winner by one judge with a card of 115-113, while the other two scores of 117-111 and 115-113 were ruled for Canelo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was disgraceful what Lara did. He finally got his chance and all that **** talking for what? You have to win convincingly. You go on PPV and do that **** come on .Lara has only himself to blame.

Comment

Oh how ridiculous

Grow up, Lara.

Close fight that you gave away and lost. You only have yourself to blame.

Comment

Yup. Lara is not any type of victim. He was given his chance, that he begged for, and wants to act like he deserves more. Close fight, you lost, accepting it and acting like a pro would benefit him more in the long run.

Comment

Lara you only landed what? 10 more? c'mon son this ain't the amateurs Was a close fight, personally had it 115-113 for Canelo (the 117-111 card is a joke) but the way Laras conducting himself post fight won't be helping his rep.
          Last edited by jacksonrr; 07-13-2014, 08:40 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more.

Comment

i still cant believe this dude didnt even attempt to close the show.foght the championship rounds like it was rounds 3 and 4

Comment

I didnt find this fight boring at all it was a close fight ...screaming robbry paul williams style is just sad

Comment

Lara im on your side and understand your frustration but saying that is just ridiculous, the Williams fight was not even nearly close or competitive and is still in my top 10 robberies of all time (in boxing this means something)

Comment

Runner has never been robbed of his tracksuit, I tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonrr View Post
                    Lara you only landed what? 10 more? c'mon son this ain't the amateurs Was a close fight, personally had it 115-113 for Canelo (the 117-111 card is a joke) but the way Laras conducting himself post fight won't be helping his rep.
                    are these stats people are posting the total punch stats or power punches? because i can't imagien lara having thrown or landed more power shots than alvarez

Comment

Working...
                    X