No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Erislandy Lara With Split Nod To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Erislandy Lara With Split Nod To Win

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - In a fight where many of the rounds could have gone either way, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (44-1-1, 31KOs) won a twelve round split decision over WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-2-2, 12KOs). The scores were 115-113 for Lara, 115-113 for Canelo and 117-111 Canelo. The fight was a non-title bout fought at a catch-weight of 155-pounds.

Lara started the first round with his well known jab and landed accurate shots, with Canelo throwing hard shots to the body and applying a lot of pressure. Canelo was able to get off a little better in the second, still targeting the body often. Lara coasted for most of the third and stayed defensive while Canelo was looking for a big shot. Canelo continued to pour on the agrression as he landed shots to Lara's body in the fourth. Canelo was missing often, but Lara rarely made him pay for those misses with counter shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know what to say. Close fight though. Lara style is not judge friendly.

Comment

115-113 Canelo

I wouldn't have had an issue with 114-114 a draw, but I did feel Canelo edged it.

Comment

Nice scorecard 117-110. If that card was closer I wouldn't have a problem with it..

Comment

and Lara gets robbed again....

Comment

Lara won this fight, BS decision.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
              I don't know what to say. Close fight though. Lara style is not judge friendly.
              Agreed, but 117-111 is borderline fix

Comment

117-111?

Comment

Lara won the fight. Alvarez needs new trainers.

Comment

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                    X