No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Sees Vargas, Every Future Fight as 'Do or Die'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Sees Vargas, Every Future Fight as 'Do or Die'

A moving pile of hangers-on obscured Erislandy Lara after he left his public workout in the MGM Grand lobby Wednesday.

Didn't that used to be Juan Manuel Lopez?

Instead, yesterday's next-great-fighter did his run-throughto minimal applause, as the crowd chanted Lara's name and waited for the arrival of Canelo Alvarez, who meets Lara in the main event Saturday.

Lopez will be fighting Francisco Vargas for two secondary lightweight belts on the undercard.

The 31-year-old Lopez was Top Rank's shining light until he lost twice to Orlando Salido. Then he was taken apart by Mikey Garcia last June.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Im glad that Juanma got a good comeback win. He's fun to watch. I don't want to see him leave the sport yet. If his chin was better he would be top notch.

Comment

Juanma carries an equalizer in one of those bags and I have more faith in him now because of the losses. He is still a plodder, but not many will be able to get close enough to exploit it. Vargas is 19 and 0, that means he doesn't know squat, no matter what, he's going to learn something now.
      Last edited by Corelone; 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM. Reason: error

Comment

I love this fight. JuanMa is an awesome fighter with brutal power that has enough in the tank to challenge any up and comer. I really want El Bandido to pull it off and show us a granite chin but if JuanMa wins I won't be upset over it neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          I love this fight. JuanMa is an awesome fighter with brutal power that has enough in the tank to challenge any up and comer. I really want El Bandido to pull it off and show us a granite chin but if JuanMa wins I won't be upset over it neither.
          I don't know I favor Vargas in this fight. He's too skilled and relentless for a guy clearly on the decline like Juanma. Obviously his power could be the difference and if he does pull it off bring on Juanma/Gamboa once and for all .

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            I don't know I favor Vargas in this fight. He's too skilled and relentless for a guy clearly on the decline like Juanma. Obviously his power could be the difference and if he does pull it off bring on Juanma/Gamboa once and for all .
            El Bandido has had some nice wins against Belmontes, Cotto and that other undefeated prospect he grinded down but JuanMa will be his first true challenge. Puro Bandido doe

Comment

i always thought juanma was an arroant,****y fighter until salido took that away from him,but i'm going for him in this fight,his only problem and this has always been the case from 122,126 and I bet it will happen again at 130,he's not good at taking punche,some just take good shots like margarito did,rios,,he just doesn't,i've said it before as long as they put him in against non punchers he'll be ok and I hope he wins,would like to see him as champ again

Comment

A few losses can make a guy smart and mean, defeated, but not decayed. I'm betting Juanma learned more in those three losses than Vargas has in his 19 wins. This sounds like a good fight to me at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  A few losses can make a guy smart and mean, defeated, but not decayed. I'm betting Juanma learned more in those three losses than Vargas has in his 19 wins. This sounds like a good fight to me at 130.
                  I'm not discounting Juanma at all I'm really looking forward to this fight. I just can't get over how bad he looked against Garcia where his footwork and balance was all over the place. I still think Vargas will make a statement in an action packed fight.

Comment

I'm not discounting Juanma at all I'm really looking forward to this fight. I just can't get over how bad he looked against Garcia where his footwork and balance was all over the place. I still think Vargas will make a statement in an action packed fight.
                    Juanma is the underdog, he was brought in to showcase Vargas. I know why he was chosen and I'm still willing to give Juanma a shot. He didn't lose to Willy LumpLump, he lost to a couple of monsters. Vargas is untested with 19 C and B class wins, that may not be enough. Remember Mark Davis.

Comment

Working...
                    X