Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Patiently Waits For Legal Beef To Play Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Patiently Waits For Legal Beef To Play Out

Mikey Garcia showed up at Tuesday's press conference in Hollywood, but he was as far away from the stage at Avalon Hollywood as he is from a ring.

"I'm retired," he joked. "I'm retired from boxing now."

Not at 26, and not with a 34-0 record. But Garcia's suit against his Top Rank promoters figures to keep him idle for a while now.

Garcia filed the suit in April in order to escape his contract, which he says expired on Feb. 27. "There are a few extensions that are vaguely and loosely worded," he said Tuesday, "but the way we read it, it's essentially over." [Click Here To Read More]

Sad to see Garcia having a quite long layoff. Good fighter.

Terence Crawford then took Gamboa's 140-pound championship with a rousing knockout last month.
    Come on, it was 135 pounds and Crawford defending...

Comment

He is the only one doing it patiently when good fighters have Lay-offs over promoter legal bull**** is sad.

Comment

I seen him on monday,and he said things are going smooth... he also sparred so he looks real sharp, by time he returns there will be no ring rust! And he will be ready for anybody.

Comment

Interesting quotes...doesn't seem as strong a stance as before.

"There are a few extensions that are vaguely and loosely worded," he said Tuesday, "but the way we read it, it's essentially over."
          "There's nothing Top Rank did that broke the relationship. I just wanted to apply some more pressure and get a little more legal with them."

Comment

And in the meantime he's hurting his own career by remaining inactive. Didnt he learn from Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              And in the meantime he's hurting his own career by remaining inactive. Didnt he learn from Ward?
              Hes young, theres plenty of time left..plus hes staying in the gym staying sharp so thats a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Unlike Ward though Mikey has a back up plan. IIRC Mikey is ready or plans to be certified to be a cop, boxing wasn't supposed to be his career.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Unlike Ward though Mikey has a back up plan. IIRC Mikey is ready or plans to be certified to be a cop, boxing wasn't supposed to be his career.
                  Ward has a backup plan... he's SOG.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                    I seen him on monday,and he said things are going smooth... he also sparred so he looks real sharp, by time he returns there will be no ring rust! And he will be ready for anybody.
                    There will definitely be ring rust. I don't think any amount of sparring and training can keep you in fight shape like fighting. That isn't to say he won't win whenever he gets back in the ring but ring rust is probably inevitable with a long lay off. We've seen it happen to much better fighters than Mikey.

Comment

Working...
                    X