No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Closes The Book on Conditioning Coaches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Closes The Book on Conditioning Coaches

Brandon Rios has not won a fight since October of 2012. That also was the last time he didn’t use a strength and conditioning coach.

That might be a coincidence, but Rios is taking no chances. With Alex Ariza no longer employed by trainer Robert Garcia, Rios hopes to be quicker and more animated for Diego Chavez on Aug. 2.

“I’m still cool with Alex,” Rios said. “When I see him I say, ‘What’s up’ and all that. But when I was winning fights I didn’t have a strength and conditioning coach. I had Memo Heredia and I lost (to Mike Alvarado). I had Alex and I lost (to Manny Pacquiao). Those guys are good at what they do. It just might not be the best thing for me.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

So, he is blaming the Pacquiao loss on Alex or else he would've won right?

Comment

when the fighters under ariza wins its because they're cheating. when they loses, ariza sucks! LOL

Comment

I will say this, fighters of old, I mean in the 60's and before, never seemed to get tired.

They didn't do all this fancy weight lifting, strength and conditioning, nutritional stuff and yet managed to fight for 15 rounds.

Is it people nowadays or are we over training? What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          We're talking about Brandon Rios here dude, guys more smooth than Ray Robinson haha

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            lol Yeah, I don't care who was training Brandon, he was getting beat up anyway.

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            when the fighters under ariza wins its because they're cheating. when they loses, ariza sucks! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I will say this, fighters of old, I mean in the 60's and before, never seemed to get tired.

They didn't do all this fancy weight lifting, strength and conditioning, nutritional stuff and yet managed to fight for 15 rounds.

I guess the word you're looking for is road work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

I don't understand it myself, bro. Maybe it was just a different attitude they had back then. The very best fighters still get into great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonrr View Post
                  We're talking about Brandon Rios here dude, guys more smooth than Ray Robinson haha
                  You miss, you pay.

Comment

I dont know this for sure, but I think it will a time where the network wont need promoters and will faze those people out of boxing. These networks will hire talent recruiters and go from there. This is the beginning stages of operation Go To Hell You Dum Promoters

Comment

Working...
                    X