No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Confirms Mayweather Rematch Talks Underway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Confirms Mayweather Rematch Talks Underway

Floyd Mayweather still lacks a confirmed opponent for a tentatively scheduled September 13 ring return, but there appears a glimmer of hope for progress.

Marcos Maidana, who gave Mayweather all that he could handle in dropping a majority decision this past May in Las Vegas, confirmed weeks worth of speculation of his status as the leading candidate to once again land the assignment.

“The rematch is in negotations,” Maidana confirmed through his verified Twitter account Tuesday morning. “Respect for Floyd Mayweather for being a man of his word, but when we are in the ring only our fists will do the talking.” [Click Here To Read More]

When they going to announce the fight.... August?

Comment

If he gets to choose his own gloves this time, I'm down for the rematch!

Comment

Not thrilled to see Mayweather Maidana 2

Comment

Stand firm on the gloves, Chino!

Comment

Mayweather will win the fight by a much larger margin this time. MY score projection, 118-110 for Mayweather.

Comment

Imo, for a guy that only has 3 fights left ... Rematch with anyone is extremely disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                If he gets to choose his own gloves this time, I'm down for the rematch!
                I thought Maidana could punch. You telling me it was his gloves the whole time?

Comment

So I guess Mayweather won't fight the Winner of Garcia vs Salka.

Comment

Respect for Floyd Mayweather for being a man of his word, but when we are in the ring only our fists will do the talking.”

Make it happen! Although I feel Thurman deserves a shot, i'm all in for a rematch. Maidana did enough to deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                    X