No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: WBC, WBA, IBF Presidents Meet in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: WBC, WBA, IBF Presidents Meet in Cancun

A historic summit took place in Cancun, Mexico - as the presidents of the World Boxing Council, World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation got together, with key members of their respective organizations, to discuss some of the problems in boxing. Mauricio Sulaiman (WBC), Daryl Peoples (IBF) and Gilberto Mendoza (WBA) discussed numerous topics. They are interested in the supporting a unification tournament in certain divisions with the four organizations (WBO being the fourth), making drug testing more strict and regulated for major fights and having open scoring for major fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One wonders if having these crooks in the same room will bring about any real positive change for the sport. Drug testing... go for it. Open scoring... I was majorly into the idea at first, but I've since come to realise that it lacks the drama of unknown scorecards being read out after all the action in the ring is done.

It's all that interim/super/gold/silver/diamond/mega/ultra/hyper/über belt crap they need to get rid of.

Comment

These assclowns are pushing for open scoring in major fights???

Comment

I would be fine with open scoring if they did it after every round, and not every 4 rounds.

But honestly I'm fine the way it is now with the closed scoring- a lot of drama in close fights

Comment

They all got drunk af afterwards

Comment

Open scoring sucks arse

Comment

The wbo wasn't there because it knows it does not belong with the top three.the wbo is garbage just like the ibo.

Comment

Open scoring is a fkin joke.

Comment

I like open scoring. It stops a guy from coasting thinking he won. That way its more entertaining to see a guy actually try to win in the later rounds or go for that KO.

Comment

Working...
                  X