No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Waits on Mayweather, No Hurry To Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Waits on Mayweather, No Hurry To Return

Former champion Marcos Maidana (35-4, 31KOs) is going to stay away from the ring until Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs) make an official decision regarding a planned return on September 13.

Maidana has been relaxing since the twelve round majority decision loss to Mayweather in their May welterweight unification.

Because the fight was closer, and much tougher for Mayweather than many expects predicted, Maidana believes he deserves an immediate rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

maidana doesnt really deserve "an immediate rematch" it only happen because they can sell that maidana "almost beat" him..

we get so used to floyd blowing guys out once we see a close fight everyones outta wack, floyd won clearly albeit a close decision

Comment

Learn from The Amir khan saga.

Comment

Mayweather did better in that fight than a lot of people are saying, really enjoyed the body jab.

Probably will be Maidana though.... who else is he gonna pick? Also time's running out for a September show.

Garcia out, Khan out, Porter out

Comment

It was a close fight but Mayweather clearly won. Maidana really needs to let it go. I want to see other boxers get a shot at Mayweather if he only has 3 fights left.

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Mayweather did better in that fight than a lot of people are saying, really enjoyed the body jab.

Probably will be Maidana though.... who else is he gonna pick? Also time's running out for a September show.

Garcia out, Khan out, Porter out
          He still got his mandatory Keith Thurman.
          Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 06-19-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I think Maidana is his only credible foe right now. If May fights in september I can't see anyone else being his opponent. I'm pretty sure Mayweather is gonna hold off on announcing this fight till last minute again. Maidana is chilling at his killing his own food and pondering retirement so he's gonna have another short camp.
            If Top Rank puts on a show in Sept. with Chavez, i think mayweather won't fight. It can't help his PPV sales and we know how much he cares about those.

Comment

Wow, you can tell Maidana is really at peace with himself and satisfied with how he did, hes open minded and understands the business aspects, gave credit to Mayweather and doesnt appear desperate at all for a fight. I wish he gets the rematch and I still say Maidana will be a pesky Welterweight contender for the next 5 years.

Comment

I hope Floyd fights Amir Khan this year instead.

Comment

Great to see Maidana willing to give Mayweather his rematch.

Floyd needs to erase that embarrassment. IMO Maidana is the A side in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                    It was a close fight but Mayweather clearly won. Maidana really needs to let it go. I want to see other boxers get a shot at Mayweather if he only has 3 fights left.

He still got his mandatory Keith Thurman.
                    No organization will ever force him to fight a mandatory... why do you think he has four belts? WBC didn't even strip him when he went to jail

Comment

Working...
                    X