No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruben Guerrero: Mayweather Will KO Maidana in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ruben Guerrero: Mayweather Will KO Maidana in Rematch

Ruben Guerrero, father and trainer of former champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-2-1, 18KOs), expects Floyd Mayweather Jr. to dominate his rematch with Marcos Maidana - if that fight is made for the fall.

Mayweather had a much tougher time than expected when he faced Maidana in May, and won a twelve round majority decision. Mayweather won a lopsided decision over Robert Guerrero in May of 2013. Robert will look to bounce back on Saturday night against Yoshihiro Kamegai at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Much bigger chance that Floyd KOs Guerrero in a rematch (not that there is any chance of that happening) than Maidana.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ARENA View Post
        Much bigger chance that Floyd KOs Guerrero in a rematch (not that there is any chance of that happening) than Maidana.
        I'm curious about your sig. Do you honestly believe Maidana landed 221 punches on Floyd? my buddy and I discussed that yesterday. I'll admit that personally, I give fighters very little credit for glancing blows and blows that his opponent rolls with to take the sting out of them. But Maidana didn't land very many clean shots, especially upstairs. He did some decent body work. But to me, he didn't get very much done. And watching all of Floyd's recent fights. Cotto and Canelo landed cleaner shots and were more effective against Floyd.

Comment

I don't know if Ruben Guerrero is just talking ****, or if he's tripping. While I agree that Mayweather will run and pot shot Maidana in a rematch, I seriously doubt he'll knock him out. You can't KO someone if you're running and pot shotting, and Mayweather knows Maidana will attack him if he stays in the pocket. Besides, Floyd hasn't had a KO since he sucker punched Ortiz in 2011. Before that, his last TKO was in 2007 against Hatton. KO Maidana! GTFOH! And where has the Ghost been for the past year after losing to Mayweather? He's just now fighting again? SMH.

Comment

Floyd wear orthopedic gloves

nuff said

Comment

Every respected person in boxing has said the same exact thing

Comment

He Pot Shotted The Ghost because his Feet are slow as hell!!!! LOL.. He couldn't cut the ring off.. Same thing with Alvarez. Their feet are so slow they have to be planted to land something or even throw something. If you have good feet he will have to fight. Look at Hatton, Cotto and even Victor Ortiz they had good foot speed and could cut the ring off. So Floyd had to fight them just like Maidana. Not saying Maidana rematch wouldn't be a little more lopsided.

Comment

Maidana would Ko Guerrero.

Comment

Imo floyd was very distracted this fight and underestimated maidana, that is clear. However a focused floyd will dominate maidana in everyway in a rematch but i doubt floyd would k.o the durable maidana.... maybe rueben is holding a grudge because the fight between robert and maidana got cancelled rather then postponed! But if i remember correctly robert was the one to pull out wirh an injury... guerrero vs maidana is still a fight i want to see!

Comment

Working...
                    X