No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Sees Rey Vargas as The Future of Mexican Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho Sees Rey Vargas as The Future of Mexican Boxing

After briefly being hospitalized with an illness, Hall of Fame trainer and manager Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain returned this past Saturday to his normal activities, where his disciple "King" Rey Vargas (20-0, 17KOs), who was victorious in his match against Filipino Vergel "Superman" Nebran. Vargas retaining his super bantamweight youth world title of the World Boxing Council by knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Get well, Nacho. Mexican boxing needs you.

Comment

This type of endorsement from an expert is a feather in a young man's cap. Let's hope that cap still fits after this.

Comment

Wow.when nacho is gone hopefully not anytime soon,I don't see any other trainers like him specially up and coming at least now.nacho and roach legend trainers.rip Emanuel Stewart .could it be Robert Garcia and Virgil hunter taking the torch in the near future.
        Last edited by Realboxingfan1; 06-16-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Get well soon Nacho and keep giving us those Champs!

Comment

he struggled with a C-level filipino fighter, i don't see that, and i saw that fight live.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
              he struggled with a C-level filipino fighter, i don't see that, and i saw that fight live.
              Damm dam .c'mon we should all line up and horse whip you for being stupid,fck .you serious,so he should just quit or continue with no effort couse he struggled with a Filipino boxer wow you sure know what your talking about .max kellerman watch out johny roa is coming for your job.
              How could you have the balls to comment stupid lol.do yourself a favor before you press submit next time let your neighbor,gramma someone read your stupidness,thank me later.
              Last edited by Realboxingfan1; 06-16-2014, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Hmmm I like Rey it's just he throws wide left hooks and lowers his right hand simultaneously, providing an opening for a flash knockdown or possible K.O. against higher skilled opposition. I haven't seen this fight but from the ones before he seems to be coming along quite well.

No se que pensar, tenemos tanto potencial en Mexico pero los apresuramos asea un campeonato y terminamos derruyendo les el futuro. Eh visto a Berchelt, Bad Boy Rosas, Pollito Ceja caer recientemente. Espero que Oscar Valdez, "El Diamante" Estrella, Andres Gutierrez y Gilberto "El Zurdo de Oro" Sanchez nos salgan gran campeones. Carlos Cuadras se ve completo y espero que continue defendiendo su corona. Tenemos un buen futuro con estos jovencitos

Comment

Am I imagining things or did he not say this about someone else before? I think last year.

EDIT: Actually I think it was Marquez that said something similar about Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Am I imagining things or did he not say this about someone else before? I think last year.

EDIT: Actually I think it was Marquez that said something similar about Mares.
                    Many folks were high on Mares before his loss so it might just be him. However, I think there is some hard feelings between Nacho and Mares since they parted ways, although Nacho always acknowledged Mares's skill even though he had strayed a bit from what Nacho had taught him. Truth be told Nacho can say that about any of his pupils, he's the best trainer at the moment in my eyes and he knows how to guide his fighters down the correct path.

I wish Nacho would pick up Cuadras and hopefully someday Estrada too. Sigh imma miss Nacho when he leaves the sport…

Comment

Working...
                    X