No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Wants Arum To Deal With Keane, Not Dad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Wants Arum To Deal With Keane, Not Dad

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio César Chávez Jr. is frustrated that he's currently inactive, but says he doesn't regret his decision to turn down a July fight against Gennady Golovkin - because he didn't like the terms where his current promoter Top Rank would gain future promotional rights. Chavez wanted to become a free agent following the outcome of the match.

"This frustrates me, frustrates me because I don't want to be talking, I want to be boxing up in the ring. But I do not regret the position I have taken because I have a family, I have people advising me and I want to make things right. I took everything they wanted except the contract extension. And until now I have not received any other offers to fight. They have said that they want me to return on September 13, I also heard the name of Carl Froch, but right now I'm in the middle of a cold war and I do not know what will happen," Chavez said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hahaha, shot down

Comment

Arum needs to retire from the biz and hand down control to Todd duBoef or someone who can actually take the company forwards. This guy is stuck in the past.

Comment

Fire it up Jr! Fumar la pipa!!

Comment

Unless Arum talks to Keane, we won't get Froch.

If Jnr is so high on Keane, I guess that means he won't sit out for a haymon deal. I guess this means he just doesn't want an extension.

Comment

Wow ... gotta respect JCC Jr. for sticking to his decision.

And Arum being the dirtysnake that he is, won't respect that decision and is trying to manipulate using JCC Sr. as a tool.

Comment

The Cold War has nothing to do with Carl Froch. What he means is Billy Keane has been talking to Al Haymon and has a big offer to jump ship which is why I didn't want to look beyond the 6.85 million I was offered to fight GGG.
              The only reason Bob was willing to put him in the ring with Gennady was because he was sick of his crap -- not making weight or training seriously, testing positive for the sweet leaf, etc.

Comment

Arum a lawyer with tons of years of experience with boxing contracts, wants to do contract deals with a boxer's dad who is not a lawyer, not versed in contract law and probably has some form of brain damage and age related cognitive decline.

Every time you hear Arum say the word "Fair" This is what he is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by NOI View Post
                  Arum a lawyer with tons of years of experience with boxing contracts, wants to do contract deals with a boxer's dad who is not a lawyer, not versed in contract law and probably has some form of brain damage and age related cognitive decline.

Every time you hear Arum say the word "Fair" This is what he is talking about.
                  Good post and it speaks volumes. Especially considering that Bradley threw his wife into Arum's lions den to negotiate his contract -- One would definitely question the particulars and wisdom behind that move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Hahaha, shot down
                    lmao nice pic of Provodnikov...was that just some random broad on the street ? looks like tila tequila and ruslan ready to show her his siberian

Comment

Working...
                    X