No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lederman Gives His Take on Mayweather’s Maidana Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lederman Gives His Take on Mayweather’s Maidana Win

HBO’s longtime unofficial ringside judge Harold Lederman caught up with BoxingScene.com on June 6, talking about what he thought about Floyd Mayweather’s May win over Marcos Maidana.

BoxingScene.com: What did you think of the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Marcos Maidana?

Lederman: “Oh my god, I thought that it was a terrific fight. David, I tell you something, watching it on TV, you know the way I’ve said many times, if you listen to me, that sometimes a fight is hard to score off the TV, and I thought that was the case in the Maidana fight. We knew what Maidana was doing, when he would get Floyd Mayweather up on the ropes and hurt him with those right hands over the top, certainly those were rounds that he won. [Click Here To Read More]

No argument from me. Spot on! I had 4-4 and the end of eight, then Floyd outboxed him. Maidaina has power, but he also has stamina issues, and he hates getting hit to the body as much as he loves to go to the body. I say 10lbs. lighter, 85 punches a round for 12 rounds, and he could win. The question is how much power does he lose with those other 10lbs.?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      No argument from me. Spot on! I had 4-4 and the end of eight, then Floyd outboxed him. Maidaina has power, but he also has stamina issues, and he hates getting hit to the body as much as he loves to go to the body. I say 10lbs. lighter, 85 punches a round for 12 rounds, and he could win. The question is how much power does he lose with those other 10lbs.?
      Yes if he were lighter it might help his stamina issues, but let's be real, Chino's not beating Floyd. If they fought again, Floyd won't fight the same. What can Chino do different?

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a fighter get away with as many hammer down punches on the temple and low punches to the legs as Maidana did in that fight.

But Mayweather stayed calm and composed.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          Yes if he were lighter it might help his stamina issues, but let's be real, Chino's not beating Floyd. If they fought again, Floyd won't fight the same. What can Chino do different?
          Well if he improved his stamina, and tightened up his core game, he MIGHT be able to apply pressure for 12 rounds. He didn't do it in the Broner fight, and failed to do it against Floyd, but I think it's an investment he might want to make for his future in the sport.

Comment

Maidana's accuracy killed him, though he landed more than anybody on MW. His misses mad him look bad also. All you really remember from the fight was misses, the wrestling, and the head butt that cut MW.

Comment

you make some great [points

Comment

Lederman always talkin Mayweather

Man Lederman always talkin stuff

Comment

You are all IDIO*S...damn the same persons that now are saying LEDERMAN has right,well i want to remember to you that he score CASTILLO victorious vs your fraud idol.....,OMG how many idio*s fans exist!!

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                    You talk about stamina issue??? CHINO didn't sit down between round 11 and 12...damn kids!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X