No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Roman Retires Daniel Ponce De Leon With TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Roman Retires Daniel Ponce De Leon With TKO

At 1 minute and 50 seconds into the ninth round, Miguel Román ended the long career of former champion Daniel Ponce De Leon at Ciudad Cuauhtémoc in Chihuahua, Mexico - and captured the vacant WBC (USNBC) silver super featherweight word title. Ponce De Leon suffered his third TKO defeat in his last four fights and announced his retirement after the match. Roman landed hard punches all night and opened up a cut above the right eyebrow of Ponce De Leon. The wars of his long career were too much and Ponce De Leon was unable to hold off a strong, hungry power puncher in Roman. Ponce De Leon's record falls to 45-7, 35KOs, and 28-year-old Roman goes to 46-11, 35KOs.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tough break for PDL. I feel bad. He should retire.

Comment

least they could have done is bring out a stool for the poor guy.

Comment

I posted last week don't underestimate Mickey, a deceptive record...he's tuff, all heart & always in a bout...

Comment

Seems like we lost two southpaws on the same day.

Comment

Cheers to PDL. It's been a fantastic career for him, he has not lost any fans for all the wars he gave.. I think he accomplish a LOT and changed as a fighter throughout his career. He became an excellent boxer after relying on blasting out guys 1 x 1. Best of Luck. He could surely be a trainer with his knowledge of the sport

Comment

I thought he was going to retire after losing to JM Lopez but I understand he still wanted to try one last time. I am glad that he is finally taking the decision and I know he is already a commentator for ESPN Spanish so in a way he'll continue linked to boxing. I think Daniel winning or losing always had very entertaining fights. Thanks and enjoy your retirement.

Comment

Working...
              X