No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Maciel Drops and Decisions Jorge Melendez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Maciel Drops and Decisions Jorge Melendez

Madison Square Garden, New York City - Javier Maciel (29-3, 20KOs), who took the fight on late notice after Yuri Foreman withdrew, won a ten round majority decision over Jorge Melendez (28-4-1, 26KOs) to win the vacant WBC (USNBC) junior middleweight title. The scores were 94-94, 96-92 and 97-91.

Melendez started well but then lost a point in the fourth for a low blow. In the same round, Maciel landed a big right hand that sent Melendez down. Melendez continued to get tagged in the final 30 seconds. Melendez managed to come back better in the fifth and sixth. Melendez was once again rocked in the final minute of the seventh and he took damage until the bell. Maciel continued to outwork Melendez but he was very tired down the stretch. Melendez was going for broke in the tenth and was doing everything he could to score a knockout, but Maciel hurt him bad with a bodyshot in the final minute and may have stolen the round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maciel looked great, can't wait to see him again

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      and he was notice only 2 weeks ago. he was gassing out but keep moving forward, great performance, he learnt from the rose fight

Comment

Argentina Agua, Good year for them bad year for PR's

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          and he was notice only 2 weeks ago. he was gassing out but keep moving forward, great performance, he learnt from the rose fight
          my guess is rematch

Comment

Melendez is ready for El Perro now.

Comment

my guess is rematch
              it will be another great fight. i hope maciel has a better camp next time if it happens

Comment

funny how people complained about the undercard just because they didn't know the names.

some people see a star vs a nobody and what to call the card stacked. real boxing fans know what's up

Comment

I thought he was going to get robbed. Phew!

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                    funny how people complained about the undercard just because they didn't know the names.

some people see a star vs a nobody and what to call the card stacked. real boxing fans know what's up
                    It was with the original opponent... but as soon as I saw Maciel was going to be the replacement, it instantly got better.

I haven't seen it yet, but looks interesting... Maciel always comes to fight

Comment

Working...
                    X