No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Cotto Fight is Huge For Martinez's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Cotto Fight is Huge For Martinez's Legacy

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, of Argentina, has had his own terrific career. His most impressive moments were a second-round knockout of Paul Williams and a 12-round unanimous decision over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in September 2012. However, Martinez is definitely not as universally recognized as Miguel Cotto. Martinez's promoter, Lou DiBella, agrees and said that Martinez must beat Cotto in order to change that.

[Click Here To Read More]

Why

How can an under dog fighter do something for your man's legacy if your man's fans think he is fighting a washed up bum in Cotto. And for the record you just proved Cotto's point of your man being the B side in this event.

Comment

only reason cottos a dog is because its his first show at middleweight

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
      How can an under dog fighter do something for your man's legacy if your man's fans think he is fighting a washed up bum in Cotto. And for the record you just proved Cotto's point of your man being the B side in this event.
      dibella knows its huge for sergios legacy because cotto looks like a monster right now. Freddie has goten cotto to follow through on his punches more then cotto ever has in his career. he kinda slapped with his punches while twisting and putting good hip into it. now hes following through on his punches alot like pac man is. punching 6 inches through , rather then right at the target.

im so stoked for this fight im ****tin my pants.. becuase of how gangster cotto looked his last fight, and how hes punching through his targets now , i have cotto winning.

Comment

Huge for Sergio's legacy = You won't be able to fk with Sergio in negotiations anymore after he layeth the smacketh on the hoeth cotto.

People will read into this way too much..this is all about respect and money...Cotto is TR's version of Malignaggi and Judah and yes he may have a little more gas left in the tank than those guys but doesn't mean he ain't in the same category.

Comment

Originally posted by thatninja View Post
          im so stoked for this fight im ****tin my pants.. becuase of how gangster cotto looked his last fight, and how hes punching through his targets now , i have cotto winning.
          Gangster...against Delvin won 28 (KO 16) + lost 7 (KO 2) + drawn 4 = 39....he looked gangster against that guy? Man mofo's....never mind. Time to log off...ridiculousness has made it's way on the thread already..Against Delvin...lmao...GTFOH!! Epic.

Comment

beating a bloated and past prime fighter will enhance martinez's legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Huge for Sergio's legacy = You won't be able to fk with Sergio in negotiations anymore after he layeth the smacketh on the hoeth cotto.

People will read into this way too much..this is all about respect and money...Cotto is TR's version of Malignaggi and Judah and yes he may have a little more gas left in the tank than those guys but doesn't mean he ain't in the same category.
              Did you just put Cotto in the same category as Malignagi and Judah? Are you F345king stupid? I'm sorry I couldn't help my self that has got to be the stupidest comment I've read here in a while. WOW

Comment

Is Cotto an ATG if he wins? I assume it depends heavily on how Martinez looks, but I'm wondering what people think about that.

Comment

I'm a fan of Sergio's but I feel this is a stretch by DiBella. This is a good fight and we're all pumped for it, but I don't see how it will do much at all for Martinez' legacy. A win over Golovkin at the age of 40 would be huge for Martinez' legacy, however.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Is Cotto an ATG if he wins? I assume it depends heavily on how Martinez looks, but I'm wondering what people think about that.
                    No he won't be given that kind of credit because some idiots think he is fighting an injured fighter in Martinez. yet at the same time they think he has no chance of winning, stupid idiots

Comment

Working...
                    X