No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Sergio Martinez, Lou DiBella, Open Workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Sergio Martinez, Lou DiBella, Open Workout

Bill Emes catches WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, as he holds an open workout ahead of Saturday's battle with Miguel Cotto. Hear from both Martinez and his promoter, Lou DiBella. Promoted by Miguel Cotto Promotions, Top Rank®, DiBella Entertainment and Sampson Boxing, in association with Maravilla Box, Tecate and Madison Square Garden, the Cotto - Martínez World Middleweight Championship event will take place on Saturday, June 7, at the “Mecca of Boxing,” Madison Square Garden and is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting thing about the Barker fight. Didnt know the knee was bummed that far back.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Interesting thing about the Barker fight. Didnt know the knee was bummed that far back.
      I don't know if they said it was the knee. Just that something besides his injured elbow was affecting him. But a large part of that fight was Barker. Barker was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
        I don't know if they said it was the knee. Just that something besides his injured elbow was affecting him. But a large part of that fight was Barker. Barker was pretty good.
        The canvas was wet from the rain, he injured his knee again, hyper extended his elbow and fractured his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
          I'm just speculating. He said he couldnt move laterally or plant his feet (iirc which would mean its at least leg related). They also (previously) said he had the injury before Chavez Jr so maybe it's related. If so, that's at least three separate occasions where he's hurt his knee with two requiring surgery and also, iirc, there was the complication with the surgery the first time out.

Comment

Both these young men make a lot of excuses! Every fighter that's fought more than 40 fights brings injuries to the ring when they fight.
            Ring the bell and lets see if the little man could handle the bigger man!

Comment

I'm really tired of Sergio and his camp talking **** and them acting like they are being so dissed. Martinez is the favorite for a reason bit Im hoping he gets his ass handed to him, shutting him, his trainer and Lou D up.

Sergio looks soft to me still and looks to be in a foul mood, I suspect he is cutting a good amount of weight and feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                I'm really tired of Sergio and his camp talking **** and them acting like they are being so dissed. Martinez is the favorite for a reason bit Im hoping he gets his ass handed to him, shutting him, his trainer and Lou D up.

Sergio looks soft to me still and looks to be in a foul mood, I suspect he is cutting a good amount of weight and feeling it.
                Acting like he's being dissed? He IS being dissed.. Even you said it, he's the favorite yet still had to deal with all the other ish. Dude's the lineal champ at Mw, one of the most storied divisions ever. It's not even being held at 160. :/...

Anyway, agree with the other part of the post. Serg looks uncharacteristically soft.

Comment

Oh boy..Martinez and his trainers are beasts. I did not expect Martinez to have tightened up that gut this much, fk this is the best shape he's been in for ages. Miguel may have bitten off more than he can chew...inbox me if you trying to put up points on Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                  X