No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlin Aims To Improve NYSAC After Magomed Tragedy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berlin Aims To Improve NYSAC After Magomed Tragedy

By Mitch Abramson - It’s not hyperbole to say the New York State Athletic Commission took a blow to the gut in the eyes of many in the wake of Magomed Abdusalamov's loss to Mike Perez on Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden. Abdusalamov suffered a myriad of injuries in defeat, including brain damage.

And the state commission received a lot of blame for what happened.

The commission, which regulates boxing in the state, was heavily criticized by Abdusalamov’s handlers for ignoring his safety. Abdusalamov’s family filed a lawsuit in March in State Supreme Court against a number of parties, including several doctors on the commission who had watched him that night, alleging negligence and failure to provide proper care.

The state inspector general’s office soon launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the bout in early November, an examination that continues to this day.

The atmosphere was so bad that a commission doctor, who spoke on the condition of anonymity at a fight card in Brooklyn on Nov. 9 admitted confidence was at an all-time low.

“Don’t want to be here,” he said.

But not everyone felt that way.

When the position of executive director was formed -- the job was created before Abdusalamov’s bout -- David Berlin, a Princeton-educated attorney, applied. [Click Here To Read More]

The doctor who spoke on Nov 9 , in Bklyn, is easy to pinpoint...there are only 2 doctors assigned 2 a show, 1 4 each corner...guess I'll do some digging...

Comment

NY and Cuomo

We will see how this gets handled. NY is a cesspool unless you are one of the protected class. A Russian unfortunatley is not a protected class. Now if it were Broner, Curtis Stevens or one of the ghetto chumps no problem. Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would get the check written. A Russian. Fat chance. Cuomo is a crack pot and I wouldn't be too surprised if Magomeds family are thrown to the wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
        We will see how this gets handled. NY is a cesspool unless you are one of the protected class. A Russian unfortunatley is not a protected class. Now if it were Broner, Curtis Stevens or one of the ghetto chumps no problem. Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would get the check written. A Russian. Fat chance. Cuomo is a crack pot and I wouldn't be too surprised if Magomeds family are thrown to the wolves.
        What a stupid ignorant racist post. More blacks have suffered in the ring at a far higher rate than russians. And I have never observed Jessie or Al collect a check. As far as the family goes, I feel sorry for their loss. What was his corner doing? If he was in distress why didn't they throw in the towel? But such a stupid waste of space by the clown yoshik. Now blacks are a "protected" class.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! !! And I don't recall any of the black fighters families taking boxing commissions to court. But yoshik should be taken to court for being a clown. I really believe your avatar is your actual picture.

Comment

I blame one person the most for this unfortunate tragedy, nappy headed John David Jackson, he should've stopped this fight before the 6th round, John David Jackson I don't know how the hell you sleep at night it was your responsibility to protect your fighter, why didn't you stop this fight???

Comment

Working...
          X