Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves To Carl Froch: The Left Hook Will Finish You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves To Carl Froch: The Left Hook Will Finish You!

George Groves vowed to knock Carl Froch out with a left hook when the pair met at Wembley Stadium for the final press conference on Thursday.

Groves has teased throughout the build up of their rematch that he would tell Froch which shot he would finish him with, and The Saint kept true to his word when he revealed all.

It’s the second time that the Londoner has announced what he would do against his upcoming opponent, after famously stating that he would land two right hands on Froch when they first fought in November.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Uh huh, just like the two rights were going to finish him off in the first fight, eh, groves?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodies in fligh View Post
      Uh huh, just like the two rights were going to finish him off in the first fight, eh, groves?
      He never said he would finish Froch with 2 right hands. He said he would hit him with 2 right hands (not hard punches) in round 1 just to let him know he's there and that's exactly what he did half way through the round.

The knockdown was not expected or predicted by Groves but because of Froch's poor technique, the chance presented itself and Groves took advantage.

In terms of boxing ability and technique, it's a mismatch - I just fear about Groves running out of gas...that's the only thing going against him.

Comment

Froch has been warned.

Unfortunately there is nothing he can do to stop it from happening.

Comment

It would be something if he got it right again!

Comment

I just watched the first fight for the first time. Honestly I was shocked by how easily Groves dominated Froch. As far as the ref and the stoppage is concerned. First off Froch could have and should have had points taken away for repeatedly hitting on the break. Secondly, that was, by far, one of the worst stoppages I have ever seen. With that said, Groves is the younger as well as the better fighter and Froch is who Froch is and will not change, plus he is getting old. So, minus the bogus stoppage I don't see anything being different the second time around. Therefore I believe Groves dominates and makes it look easy.

Comment

The negative thing about talking as much trash as George Groves is talking is that if you don't back it up, you will forever look like a fool. Froch has been smart to allow Groves to do all the talking. That way, whether he wins or loses, Froch will come out of the fight with the fan's respect. Groves, on the other hand, must perform spectacularly and possibly KO Froch to save face.

My prediction: Froch will win by TKO in the fifth or sixth round after Groves corner throws in the towel to end the punishment that Froch will administer.

Comment

Groves is really pulling out all the stops to get under Carl's skin and get him rattled again. Froch doesn't seem as bothered this time. He's back to his cold-blooded killer mindset and I hope he performs like it as well.

Comment

Working...
                X