No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Reflects on Rebuilding After Margarito Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez Reflects on Rebuilding After Margarito Defeat

Question: After your loss to Margarito in 2000, did you ever imagine that your career would be like this? Titles, celebrity status, etc.

Sergio Martinez: My loss to Margarito was probably the best thing that happened to me. It humbled me and made me realize that this is a serious sport and I needed to mature as a fighter and as a person. It also made me realize that I needed to change. I had to cut out the negative people that surrounded me at that time and find people that would be positive for my career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't worry about it champ he most likely had plaster

Comment

Maravilla! The wait was worth it bruva

Comment

After this fight there will be no time for rebuilding anymore!

Comment

Probably the most underrated fighter of his generation. Considering the actual facts of how his career came about and at the age it came about what he's achieved is nothing short of incredible. That Maravilla documentary really really shows how boxing politics kept trying to fk this guy over...god damned shame.

Comment

Martinez and Calzaghe remind me so much of each other. Not because of their style - they are not the same, of course - but because of the fact that they developed into some unique styles which are technically sound and effective. I admire Martinez for this achievement.

Comment

Boxing politics my as*s! This guys was always on the B-Side cause he has a weak promoter in Dibella and the dude does not want to learn english. If he was promoted by the big boys such as Top Rank or Golden boy, they would not allow him to be on the B-Side and they would get this guy a copy of Rosetta Stone years ago.

In order for you to be marketable here in the USA, you have to learn how to speak freaking english.... Paquiao learned english, Cotto learned english and even Marquez is learning english now. I saw Marquez speaking english in his last interview and he did it well. So if you want to be a superstar on the A-Side, you better learn the freaking english language and get a top notch world class promoter.... Otherwise, don't cry for me Argentina and spare me the sobb story.....

BTW - I would love for Cotto to give this cry baby a left hook to the ribs so he can shat in his trunks...

Comment

I hope Cotto asked for VADA testing or something? Any word on random-blood testing for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by IQ KO View Post
                  Boxing politics my as*s! This guys was always on the B-Side cause he has a weak promoter in Dibella and the dude does not want to learn english. If he was promoted by the big boys such as Top Rank or Golden boy, they would not allow him to be on the B-Side and they would get this guy a copy of Rosetta Stone years ago.

In order for you to be marketable here in the USA, you have to learn how to speak freaking english.... Paquiao learned english, Cotto learned english and even Marquez is learning english now. I saw Marquez speaking english in his last interview and he did it well. So if you want to be a superstar on the A-Side, you better learn the freaking english language and get a top notch world class promoter.... Otherwise, don't cry for me Argentina and spare me the sobb story.....

BTW - I would love for Cotto to give this cry baby a left hook to the ribs so he can shat in his trunks...
                  Unfortunate for you Cotto is going to sleep.

Comment

That's great that he went that path instead of a Hamed type and just quit a bit after.

Comment

Working...
                    X