No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Plans To Sit Back Until Mayweather's Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Plans To Sit Back Until Mayweather's Decision

Former champion Marcos Maidana is planning to relax until Floyd Mayweather Jr. makes an official decision regarding his opponent for September 13th. Maidana lost a twelve round majority decision to Mayweather on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. He was a huge underdog but put up a much better fight than anyone expected. Maidana believes he won the last fight and deserves a rematch.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well don't sit too long....don't know who else it could be

Comment

i think he really mean it when he says he will retire if he doesn't get the rematch, he's been talking about this even before lopez, he said, he had 2 o 3 more fights in him, that's it

Comment

Doesn't even want a Khan rematch which I can't understand at all. I'm not at all interested in a rematch although the likelihood of it happening is extremely high, if Mayweather does fight someone else Maidana should at least look to face Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          i think he really mean it when he says he will retire if he doesn't get the rematch, he's been talking about this even before lopez, he said, he had 2 o 3 more fights in him, that's it
          $1.5 Million will last longer than his own lifetime in Argentina.
          I forget which loss it was after but he did mention he was retiring soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Doesn't even want a Khan rematch which I can't understand at all. I'm not at all interested in a rematch although the likelihood of it happening is extremely high, if Mayweather does fight someone else Maidana should at least look to face Thurman.

Does he actually say that?

Comment

Floyd gonna have flashbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

i guess he changed his tune, he wants to keep fighting, good. by the way his team lost that match he was talking about and now is in the second division, sucks for chino.

Comment

Thats cool if maidana stays on the sidelines til floyd decides who he is fighting in Sept..

Its the biggest fight for maidana, so no need to go chase anything else till floyd makes his choice..
                  And maidana has to be the leading candidate, with khan tied up with ramadan, and garia looking bad vs herrera...
                  Porter seems like a logical choice, but i can see him and thurman battling on the undercard, with maidana rematching floyd

IMO its either porter or maidana for floyd'd september fight

Comment

Maidana is only thirthy and he takes a lot of punches in his fights. If he wants a vacation for a bit and come back stronger that might be good. If he dosen't get the Floyd rematch he could wait until next year, both Garcia and Matthysse are going to 147. If would be great to see him fight either.

Comment

Working...
                    X