No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: I Don't Believe Mayweather Wants a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana: I Don't Believe Mayweather Wants a Rematch

Former champion Marcos "El Chino" Maidana believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. is not in agreement with doing a rematch, and looking at other options, for his next ring return on September 13th. Maidana did much better than any expected against Mayweather in their welterweight unification on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather won a twelve round majority decision, with one judge scoring the fight a draw. Many at ringside saw Mayweather as a close winner with a 7-5 edge in rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't mind maidana again or someone else. Maidana stock rose. He should embrace that for a fight or two.

Comment

12-1 underdog too tough. Floyd's looking for at least 15-1 or worse from here on out.

Comment

He will take it since everybody thinks he lost. Floyd said after rematch "since everybody thinks I lost I want the rematch". Now he is probably scared because he got OUTBOXED by Maidana with SPARRING GLOVES. Imagine what will happen with normal fight gloves.

45-1. Nothing he can do to change that.

Comment

Doesn't seem like he cares to fight again until next year unless he gets Mayweather.

Comment

Mayweather needs to give him a rematch, had it 7-5 maidana.

Comment

Even though Maidana fought to a draw, I've moved on, so should Maidana. And so should Mayweather.

I really hope he chooses I new fighter. I unlike most people, don't really care if he "retires undefeated" I just want to see him fight some (more) superb boxers.

Comment

The way Showtime made that last all access looked like they were building up a rematch.

Comment

he's a loser so he goes to the back of the line..lmao bring on some one else.

Comment

Most people who don't really understand what boxing is about gave maidana a few extra rounds. I haven't heard any boxer, trainer, or commentator say mayweather lost. Hbo guys even say Mayweather chose to fight the way he did and dominated . But you guys are the reason a rematch would make sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X