Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Hopes To Get Chavez Jr. at The Forum in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Hopes To Get Chavez Jr. at The Forum in Sept.

INGLEWOOD, CALIF. --- Top Rank CEO Bob Arum was extremely pleased with how the Juan Manuel Marquez-Mike Alvarado fight did on Saturday at The Forum.

The announced attendance for the first fight at The Forum in 15 years was 12,090 and Arum said plans to bring more Top Rank events back to The Forum in the future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What big fight is left for Chavez? GGG was legit hype now gone. Ward is thanking God somewhere for his blessings. How about Froch?

Comment

I guess you got Froch/Groves and Kessler available

Comment

I hope the Forum continues to get big fights. It is kind of a perfect venue for promoters. Its big enough for big fights and doesn't cost as much as Staples Center. The Staples Center is expensive and really booked up constantly for obvious reasons.

Comment

Still mad about the GGG fight not going down. Froch fight would be legit though.

Comment

I think the controversy over Chavez and Canelo fighting the same day made both events bigger that they would have been. It brought a ton of publicity. Arum should go for it. Have both fights on Sept 13th.

Comment

I guess he could fight the Froch/Groves II winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I think the controversy over Chavez and Canelo fighting the same day made both events bigger that they would have been. It brought a ton of publicity. Arum should go for it. Have both fights on Sept 13th.
                I guess I could see Arum wanting to do it to dent Mayweathers ppv buys...and try to start tonreclaim the Mexican holiday ppv.

Wonder if this was discussed in his meeting with Oscar. Lol.

Of course, it would take Chavez Jr resigning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  I guess I could see Arum wanting to do it to dent Mayweathers ppv buys...and try to start tonreclaim the Mexican holiday ppv.

Wonder if this was discussed in his meeting with Oscar. Lol.

Of course, it would take Chavez Jr resigning.
                  I can see this, Arum trying to dent the Mexican audience into buying less Mayweather PPVs and then try and get the public to demand a Pacquaio fight...

But I think Maidana really endured himself to the Latino/Hispanic audience, a rebound fight and win for Maidana would put a large portion of the Latino/hispanic audience in his pocket for a Mayweather rematch.

All in all in might come down to who Chavez is matched against.

Comment

Why can't Chavez travel anywhere? The Forum is as good as home to Chavez. How about Froch in Wembley? HBO can transmit from there.

Comment

Working...
                    X