No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Provodnikov Floated as Potential Backup Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Provodnikov Floated as Potential Backup Plan

INGLEWOOD, CALIF. --- Top Rank CEO Bob Arum intends to do everything possible to make a fifth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in November in Macau, but if it doesn't come together he has a backup plan.

"When Max (Kellerman) asked him the question, he said I'm going to go back and discuss with my team and analyze it, which I think is a pretty good answer," Arum said. "which leads me to believe he'll do the fight."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think Marquez will take the rematch with Pacquiao...because he knows if he brings out PEDinimita Hulkquez...it will be very obvious with all of the acne...and Pacquiao will ask for VADA testing anyway..and last time Marquez fought with testing Bradley took him to school...

Pacquiao v. Provdnikov...is a fight that won't even do 500K PPVs...Bob Arums's greed and control-freak nature...has diminished Pacquiao by making him fight a relatively unknown guy in Asia...and Provo doesn't even have the Mexican fan base that Rios has...

Pac v. Marquez V is the only fight that Arum can make that's at all reasonable PPV wise...

Arum should try to get Pac v. Maidana if the Floyd fight falls through..or wait for Canelo..and I would have Pac fight Canelo @ 154 real weight not the drained weight he fought Floyd at...if Canelo can make it and beats Lara...And I would have a 165 limit rehydration clause..In other words, I'd let Canelo make 154 but then he can only go up to 165 fight night or else the fights off... and he has to pay a 10 million penalty if he breaches...
    Last edited by Snake4380; 05-18-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Pac vs. Provo, skip the 5th fight with the piss drinker.

Comment

Backup? I'm all for Manny avenging his loss but JMM wanted to no part of Prov.... Prov should get the pay day and not JMM, IMO.

I cant blame him for it, but it is what it is- he's the one who wants to continue fighting and he took the easy route with Alvarado.... Prov deserves the payday if he beats Alfieri IMO

Comment

PEDinimita's acne was so obvious...the way he fought everything lol he looked super juiced...walking through Alvarado's punching while he was fcking Alva up but couldn't when Marquez fought Barrera he couldn't even hurt Barrera and actually got dropped himself when he exchanged with Barrera...

When Marquez used to fight Pac..he knew he had to counter punch and box and not slug with Pac...In Pac-Hulkquez IV...he was the bigger puncher lol.. When he had to undergo blood-testing vs Bradley...Bradley had more power than Marquez even dropped Marquez lol...wtf?

Only Floyd-meat riders who are mad he ducked Pac and got exposed and tarnished his legacy and just plain Pac haters...can't see that Marquez is on the juice and I'm not talking about his piss either...

I'd rather fight Provo than Marquez with no VADA testing...but that fight is not a big PPV fight...
          Last edited by Snake4380; 05-18-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

It'll be Provo then. Marquez will play hardball in negotiations

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              It'll be Provo then. Marquez will play hardball in negotiations
              Marquez' hardball: No VADA testing...like he did with Bradley...Memo got scared though and didn't give Marquez the PEDs...but Marquez is definitely more comfortable with USADA than VADA testing because he knows Floyd only uses USADA for a reason...

Comment

Larry Merchant even called out Marquez for the steroids lol... js...

So yeah if it's going to be Pac-Marquez without VADA...then Pac should go with Provo and then leave Top Rank...Top Rank has nothing to offer Pac...I mean who can Pac fight on TOP Rank? Provo...Bradley 3 after he dominated him twice...will never sell...

Gamboa? Mike Garcia?

Let's be serious here...

If Pac resigns with Arum...Floyd-meat-riders actually get to take shots at Pac for it so do the regular Pac haters...I won't even argue with them on that point js...

Comment

De La Hoya wants to do business with Top Rank, give us a new match-up. Put Porter or Broner in there with Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    De La Hoya wants to do business with Top Rank, give us a new match-up. Put Porter or Broner in there with Pacquiao.
                    What would PAC gain from beating Broner? Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X