No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Alvarado Must Press, Outpunch Marquez To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley: Alvarado Must Press, Outpunch Marquez To Win

BELL, CALIF. --- Timothy Bradley will be paying close attention to the fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Mike Alvarado on Saturday night at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., on HBO, because he will be working as a commentator for the international feed.

Bradley is very familiar with Marquez, having pulled out a split decision over the Mexican legend in October, and he's very knowledgeable about the fight game.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The thing about Mike is he's good in a fire fight and he's good boxing and moving. He's good. Either way. But Marquez is GREAT when people try to outpunch him usually. GREAT counterpuncher with a guy who's all around GOOD. Unless Alvarado can force JMM to come hunting for him with the most disciplined jab and move game he ever used in his life I don't see how he can beat him. I bet what's going to happen is Alvarado hurts JMM inside the first six and then JMM does his trademark comeback and batters him in the second half every time he tries to engage but then again he might end up looking shot at this age too. You just never know when a guy's been through this much. Any time an old legend shows up it could be one time too many.

Comment

Alvarado also has to be smart tho,Marquez is one of the best at altering his counter punches..Alvarado will have to show movement and at times mix it up to keep Marquez honest in there..Alvarado does not wanna have a war,imo that would favor Marquez..Alvarado needs to make Marquez use those legs(that may not be as fresh anymore)**** that body..Use movement,not over use movement(like in the Prov fight)..I think it's going to be a fun fight tonight..Both fights..

Comment

Originally posted by APPONO ASTOS
        alvarado doesn't need to get into a brawl with marquez lol.......that will favor marquez more than alvarado since he can catch alvarado with his steroid punches...alvarado just needs to box marquez ..use that height and reach advantage.....

marquez doesn't do well against guys who just decide to box him and not give him any counter punching opportunities........
        Just give it a rest bro,you sound really butt hurt tbh..

Comment

Alvarado needs to box and become the counter puncher to have a good chance, he needs to make Marquez lead, but I think Marquez is too smart.

Looking forward to this fight, very interesting match up.

Comment

I thought this was a 50/50 fight prior to seeing Juan juiced up again;

I think Juan stops Mike in 9. Body acne at age 40

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Just give it a rest bro,you sound really butt hurt tbh..
              He's a ****ing idiot. I never read posts from him about any of the other multitudes of fighters that work with guys like Conte. Manny runs right into Marquez's right hand and he's a cheater suddenly. While I don't doubt he's juicing, where was that superman power in his 3rd fight with Manny, Fedchenko, or Bradley. All of those fights JMM used memo and he didnt look any stronger in any of those fights.

Marquez's ko over Manny hurt fanboys worldwide. They still haven't got over it, probably never will

Comment

What you guys are forgetting is that Marquez is 40-years old.

Comment

Tjmm

Testosterone Juan Manuel Marquez will be worn down and stopped. He won't be able to keep the bigger and stronger war veteran off of him. He doesn't hit as hard or as often as Provo or Rios. The cheater and whiner will come unraveled. He looked terrible against the powder puff, herky jerky, flailing style of Bwadley another whining excuse making baby who was easily beat in the rematch with PAc who was dominating TJMM until TJMM caught him with a last gasp punch. JMM is a big baby and deserves a savaging by a B fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    Testosterone Juan Manuel Marquez will be worn down and stopped. He won't be able to keep the bigger and stronger war veteran off of him. He doesn't hit as hard or as often as Provo or Rios. The cheater and whiner will come unraveled. He looked terrible against the powder puff, herky jerky, flailing style of Bwadley another whining excuse making baby who was easily beat in the rematch with PAc who was dominating TJMM until TJMM caught him with a last gasp punch. JMM is a big baby and deserves a savaging by a B fighter.
                    Relax Mike, show it in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X