Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Motivation To Continue Career is The Fifth Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: Motivation To Continue Career is The Fifth Title

BELL, CALIF. --- Juan Manuel Marquez admits he contemplated retirement after losing a split decision to Timothy Bradley last October in Las Vegas.

Marquez truly believed he deserved the decision against Bradley, but he is 40 years old.

"For me, this sport is a challenge," Marquez said at Azteca Boxing Club. "I want that fifth (world) title. The fifth title is my motivation. That's why I continue in this sport. (This) Saturday I have a tough fight."
    [Click Here To Read More]

lets see if you can pull it off Marquez.

Comment

I love Marquez in the ring, but we'll see exactly how strong is his resolution.
      He's already Hof and soon to be ATG

Comment

This "fifth" title is meaningless,he won an interim belt against fredchenko or whoever the hell he is and was later elevated to the full title. Imo unless he goes back down to 140 and beats a champion he should still be considered a 3 division champion.

Comment

Is that "fifth title" worth your health...

because Pacquiao is going to annihilate you without the steroids in your system...

Pac-Marquez V = Pac Marquez IV without Marquez' knock downs

Comment

Not worth it. Morales was the first 4 division champ from Mexico and if Marquez takes it was it worth risking health and getting KOed at this age by Danny for Morales? Same if anybody eclipses Marquez.

Comment

Marquez will win again. Maybe Pacquiao didn't juice enough on fight 4

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
                Marquez will win again. Maybe Pacquiao didn't juice enough on fight 4
                Apparently according to Ariza, Pacquiao didn't "juice" at all when he last fought Marquez. Notice how worried he is that Pac is not following his "strength program" while at the same time praising Memo Heredia and Marquez with their program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_A...82F9CC504B759E

Memo was with Marquez since Pac-Marquez III. So between their four fights, one could easily argue that Marquez JUICED in their last two fights, while Pacquiao never juiced at all during their four fights, since Ariza wasn't in the picture yet and Pac started to slow down in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X