No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter's Standing, Worth Continues To Increase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter's Standing, Worth Continues To Increase

When Ohio welterweight Shawn Porter scored a unanimous decision victory over Devon Alexander to win the IBF welterweight title in Brooklyn in December it was widely considered a significant upset.

Notwithstanding a 2011 technical loss to Timothy Bradley, Alexander had done little wrong at the top level and was still considered a significant player.

In contrast, Porter appeared to be have been plucked out of the realm of also-rans to his title shot - unbeaten, but having hardly done anything to suggest his impending elevation to true world title recognition.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Porter vs Brook or Khan is cool with me. Winner fights Thurman. That winner gets Mayweather in May or September 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Porter vs Brook or Khan is cool with me. Winner fights Thurman. That winner gets Mayweather in May or September 2015.
      Who did Brook beat to become the mandatory? I hope he backs out, so we can get Porter vs. Thurman this year.

Comment

Notwithstanding a 2011 technical loss to Timothy Bradley, Alexander had done little wrong at the top level
        Pfft, yeah right. Those bullshit gift decisions over Kotelnik and Matthysse, not to mention the atrocious Bailey fight (a WFOTY candidate) were all stains on him before and after the Maidana fight. Here's hoping Soto Karass finishes him off Berto-style.

Comment

Working...
        X