No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Warns That Size May Matter With Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Warns That Size May Matter With Marquez

BELL, CALIF. --- Mike Alvarado has been a longtime observer of Juan Manuel Marquez's fights.

He will get an even closer look when they meet in the ring on Saturday night at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., on HBO.

"We all know Marquez," Alvarado said at the Azteca Boxing Club. "I mean, he's been around for ages. I thought he was losing that (fourth) fight (against Manny Pacquiao) up till that point (when he knocked out Pacquiao). It was a good shot. He landed that one shot. That could happen in any fight. That's all it takes is one punch in this game. One punch, lights out, turn the cameras off, turn the mics off and where's the next fight."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alvarado looks to be bigger ?

Should make the win sweeter for Heredia if Marquez wins.

Comment

Marquez getting whooped!

Comment

Make sure to drink your piss when it's gold-yellow, or else it won't make you hulk up.

Comment

Those 4 pounds could be big. If Mike looks healthy at the weigh-in this could be very interesting

Comment

I still can't get over Marquez not wanting to fight Ruslan...but fights ruslan's leftovers...smh. Who is the bigger ducker this year? Marquez or Stevenson?

Comment

This guy sure like to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                I still can't get over Marquez not wanting to fight Ruslan...but fights ruslan's leftovers...smh. Who is the bigger ducker this year? Marquez or Stevenson?
                Ruslan is. For saying he'll fight Rios then make excuses on rios part saying rios can't make 140lb. When Rios clearly said he could. That's what I call a ***** move. People are such hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  I'm tired of reading all these posts, about Marquez ducking Provodnikov. Marquez is in seek of the 5th weight division belt, which should of been his in the 3rd Pacquiao fight in my opinion.This is a semi-tune up fight for Marquez. Also that 140lb belt Ruslan has strapped around his waist, was Marquez's which he vacated when he decided to challenge Bradley for the 147lb WBO belt. Provodnikov beat Alvarado for a interim version of the 140lb belt, which later got upgraded to the regular version once Marquez vacated it. Why should Marquez fight a guy who has less of a following for a belt he already had. To say Marquez ducked Provodnikov is absurd. Marquez has fought the best in the world for years, has been on the P4P list for several years, and is now a living legend. Brandon Rios called out Provodnikov. What happened there?

Comment

I love JMM but at this point he is a bloated LW.
                    Alvarado might be too big. JMM has never been a true WW.

Comment

Working...
                    X