No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stiverne: I Let Arreola Get Comfortable, Surprised Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stiverne: I Let Arreola Get Comfortable, Surprised Him

LOS ANGELES --- Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola earned each other's respect after their rematch on Saturday night at USC's Galen Center on ESPN.

After five back-and-forth rounds with a number of heated exchanges, Stiverne knocked down Arreola twice before the fight was stopped at the 2:02 mark of the sixth round. Stiverne claimed the vacant WBC heavyweight title with the triumph.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was studying the fight today and noticed that Stiverne is a smart fighter. The best example of this can be seen right before the first KD. If you rewind it back about 6 seconds, you'll see that he figured that when he THREW THE JAB, Arreola would throw his (slower) which left him open for the right hand. HE THEN goes back to the same spot where he tested this, THROWS THE JAB, Arreola indeed tries to counter AGAIN but this time he hits him hard with the right.

Very interesting stuff to watch. I encourage peeps to check that out.

Comment

Sure did. there was a point where Arreola was wailing on him and Stiverne was bleeding pretty good between rounds.

Comment

Stiverne is 37?!?! I was wondering why he was so slow on his feet compared to Arreola for a prospect, was going to watch some of his old fights and then saw his age.

Whats the oldest anyones won their first world title? This must be close to a record? He better capitalize on his title because there aren't many 37 year olds out there that are successful in the game for a long time.

Comment

There is a Boxing IQ with Stiverne. His patience and perception are solid. He really consoled Arreola for a good long while at the end of the fight which showed some solid compassion on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Sure did. there was a point where Arreola was wailing on him and Stiverne was bleeding pretty good between rounds.
            Taking punishment along the ropes was all part of the plan

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              LOS ANGELES --- Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola earned each other's respect after their rematch on Saturday night at USC's Galen Center on ESPN.

After five back-and-forth rounds with a number of heated exchanges, Stiverne knocked down Arreola twice before the fight was stopped at the 2:02 mark of the sixth round. Stiverne claimed the vacant WBC heavyweight title with the triumph.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              He laid on the ropes for the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                Stiverne is 37?!?! I was wondering why he was so slow on his feet compared to Arreola for a prospect, was going to watch some of his old fights and then saw his age.

Whats the oldest anyones won their first world title? This must be close to a record? He better capitalize on his title because there aren't many 37 year olds out there that are successful in the game for a long time.
                he just turned 35

Comment

Working...
                X