No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Arreola Was Up on Two Cards at Time of TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photo: Arreola Was Up on Two Cards at Time of TKO

USC Galen Center, Los Angeles, California - Chris Arreola (36-4, 31KOs) was winning a close split decision going into the sixth round of his rematch with Bermane Stiverne (24-1-1, 21KOs). Arreola was up 48-47 on two cards, with Stiverne up 48-47 on the third. Arreola started fast in the fight and outworking, outlanding Stiverne in the early going. Stiverne, however, stayed patient and landed a huge right hand that sent Arreola down in the sixth. Another knockdown and a few more unanswered punches sealed the deal for Stiverne.

[Click Here To Read More]

I know, he had it in the bag but got sloppy. I just don't get it.

Comment

I had arreola up 3-2 at the stoppage as well..tough break for chris.

Comment

whelp... that's boxing.

Comment

according to the rules of vitali boxing, arreola is the new wbc champ! congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            I had arreola up 3-2 at the stoppage as well..tough break for chris.
            That's how I had it,,, feel bad for chris, I have enjoyed his fights over the years but just can't seem to win a big fight... He is like the heavy version of Fernando Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I know, he had it in the bag but got sloppy. I just don't get it.
              All dem lucky punches by stiverne

Comment

Yeah, he was so happy he was up on the cards, that he decided to dance like Judah.

Comment

I had him up as well. But Stiverne made sure the cards didn't matter.

Comment

If only heavyweight title fights were 5 rounds! Then every poorly conditioned fighter who is going to exhaust himself after a couple of rounds of moderate punch output would have a shot at winning a title!

Comment

Working...
                    X