No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Interested in Kessler Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Interested in Kessler Clash

Before Mikkel Kessler started his press conference in Copenhagen to announce his comeback, an interested party had made a call to inquire about a potential fight.

According to Danish tabloid Ekstrabladet, Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions reached out to Sauerland Event, to discuss the possibility of a clash between Kessler and IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin for a July date in Las Vegas. The fight would obviously have to take place at the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds, although Kessler has stated in several interviews that he might entertain a catch-weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Terrible comeback fight for Kessler, I should hope his agent would not go for this. Being inactive, on the slide and after the froch loss he would most likely suffer his first KO.

Comment

Well, if he Kessler wanted to go out on a stretcher, sure. I don't like this fight. Kessler wants to retire doesn't he?

Comment

This is an interesting fight. Kessler is bigger, has a great chin, is also a really good puncher, has a good jab.

Golovkin is younger and in his prime and is probably an even bigger puncher.

This should happen and the winner can fight the winner of Froch vs Groves.

Also great opptunity for Ward, he can do some commentating.

Comment

Ggg the most feared??

He and his team will fight everyone in and around 168 except the Ward? The irony.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
            He and his team will fight everyone in and around 168 except the Ward? The irony.
            Ward would probably beat Golovkin but no need to fight him as long as other guys like Kessler, Froch, Groves or Chavez are available.

Ward is boring, not much interest in watching him fight.

Comment

Well we know Andre Ward won't fight outside of the U.S. and probably not even outside of Oakland, so I would skip him if I were Kessler...Ward needs that home cooking so he can use his "punch and clinch" modified John Ruiz style without getting deducted points...

Triple GGG vs. Kessler is an interesting fight and good test for GGG...make it happen...

Comment

I would be OK with this if Kessler was five years younger. The thought of Kessler fighting GGG now doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

So now that the fat tomato can is off. GGG gonna make his 68 debut against a half blind sum-b1tch. Then his fanboys gonna cream about how great he is

Comment

Good fight, hopefully it can be done after his July date. Asking for alot of money though.

Comment

Working...
                    X