Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arreola Aims To Bring Heavyweight Title Back To U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arreola Aims To Bring Heavyweight Title Back To U.S.

Chris Arreola can become the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a recognized heavyweight title if he avenges his decision defeat to Bermane Stiverne in their rematch Saturday night.

Making Mexican history is important to Arreola, but the American-born boxer is motivated to bring at least one of the heavyweight titles back to the United States as well. The 33-year-old Arreola (36-3, 31 KOs), of Riverside, Calif., is well aware that an American hasn’t owned one of the sport’s four heavyweight titles since Brooklyn-born Shannon Briggs lost the WBO crown to Russia’s Sultan Ibragimov in June 2007.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So after all the "A mexican will beat you"
    Now he plays the american card.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
      So after all the "A mexican will beat you"
      Now he plays the american card.
      He is Mexican-American. What's wrong with that? Big **** actually seems like he is more Americianized than Mexican anyways.

Comment

****ing pocho better not come out with the mexican flag. Andy ruiz will be the first mexican heavy weight champ mark my words. He has the skills and speed

Comment

So he dreams of being champ as he's hoofin' down a plate of enchiladas. So what. Lotsa fighters dream that. Gotta have what it takes inside to do it, and I'm sure he'll see Stiverne has what it takes when he cruises by him for an UD again.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
            ****ing pocho better not come out with the mexican flag. Andy ruiz will be the first mexican heavy weight champ mark my words. He has the skills and speed
            Pocho? He knows spanish, and is hispanic wtf are you talking about? And andy ruiz? Lol i like him but he is not going to be as succesful as chris..mark my words!
            Last edited by LouIE G; 05-10-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              He is Mexican-American. What's wrong with that? Big **** actually seems like he is more Americianized than Mexican anyways.
              Exactly. He is a product of both cultures and wants to honor them both. Nothing wrong with that.

The guy calling him a "pocho" seems to be a bit racist. I hope you don't live in the U.S. if that's your attitude.

Comment

lol Stiverne's taking that title back to Haiti (or Canuck-land), and then he's going to stop Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  Mexican American, as in, California and many of the western states were once a part of Mexico. Mexicans didn't come to America, it came to them. Pocho relates to the conquest, and those left behind too lazy to remember and keep the Spanish language, the "mother tongue". What's that got to do with anything? The only people whose ancestors are American is the Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    He's nothing special either.

Comment

Working...
                    X