No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo: Canelo vs. Lara is a 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo: Canelo vs. Lara is a 50-50 Fight

Rugged junior middleweight contender Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo, like many, was very impressed with Marcos "El Chino" Maidana's performance against Floyd Mayweather Jr. this past Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev.

"I don't know about that. It was the fight that we all hoped for. I think that it was just a tough fight for him," Angulo said while answering BoxingScene.com/HustleBoss.com's Chris Robinson's question, "has Floyd Mayweather slowed down?"
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Canelo has shown that he struggles when fighters box him with skill. Trout did well when he kept Canelo at a distance and backing up. I think Lara will begin to take over the fight as the fight goes on..I'm expecting Canelo to do well early and then Lara to take over...and then I'm expecting the judges to rob Lara of a decision...

I think that boxing is a business...and the judges know Canelo from the Floyd fight and they want to make it seem like Floyd is the greatest so they want the guy Floyd dominated to win...and even possibly set up a rematch down the road with Floyd...Lara is going to have to dominate the fight to win on the scorecards that's my prediction...

I can see it in May 2015 Cinco De Mayo weekend after Canelo picks up another win...Floyd "This time we'll fight at 154...Canelo will be at his best"
    Last edited by Snake4380; 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Canelo is going to school! Lol he already failed in American school, let's see how bad he does in Cuban school.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
        I think Canelo has shown that he struggles when fighters box him with skill. Trout did well when he kept Canelo at a distance and backing up. I think Lara will begin to take over the fight as the fight goes on..I'm expecting Canelo to do well early and then Lara to take over...and then I'm expecting the judges to rob Lara of a decision...

I think that boxing is a business...and the judges know Canelo from the Floyd fight and they want to make it seem like Floyd is the greatest so they want the guy Floyd dominated to win...and even possibly set up a rematch down the road with Floyd...Lara is going to have to dominate the fight to win on the scorecards that's my prediction...

I can see it in May 2015 Cinco De Mayo weekend after Canelo picks up another win...Floyd "This time we'll fight at 154...Canelo will be at his best"
        ^ This.

He also gets frustrated when said boxers know how to move (or according to ******s, run) around the ring and not be easy targets. Canelo was a sore loser when he lost to Floyd saying he was running circles & whatnot, so I can only imagine what'll happen once he loses to Lara, but Lara's gonna have to dominate from start to finish or better yet, not even let it go the distance if possible. At least this fight ain't in Texas like the Canelo-Trout one.

Comment

Canelo has fought trout and Mayweather back to back - i think he will be ready for this test - canelo can apply pressure and has speed and is one if the best combination punchers in the game - lara will have his hands full.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
            Canelo has fought trout and Mayweather back to back - i think he will be ready for this test - canelo can apply pressure and has speed and is one if the best combination punchers in the game - lara will have his hands full.
            he could barely pressure floyd who's easy to corner. if he was scared of pillow punching floyd and trout why would he be able to pressure lara? this isn't angulo throwing slaps here.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              he could barely pressure floyd who's easy to corner. if he was scared of pillow punching floyd and trout why would he be able to pressure lara? this isn't angulo throwing slaps here.
              Im a Lara's fan, but im not 100% confident about an easy fight for Lara. Probably Canelo has been learn how to deal with technical fighters like Lara. Probably GB will have an small ring with cushion like they did when Lara faced Angulo. Also the judges probably will be little bias to Canelo in case of a tight fight. Remember Paul Williams-Lara robbery? I hope Lara has learn about those expriences and know he has to win convincingly and not be soft like when Vanes only boxing.

Comment

A couple years ago, I'd say Lara hands down, right now Canelo is a formidable opponent that deserves at least a 40% chance. I know he's gonna be a heavy favorite though, for the uneducated casual fan.

Comment

WTF...practically all Perro talked about was Mayweather-Maidana. When they got to Canelo-Lara it was, "Good fight. 50-50." I would've appreciated a little more insight from a man who's fought them both. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post

Will it be a robbery? You can't give up too many early rounds and expect to win clearly. Landy can't hang back as he often does. He has to be active and counter Canelo at every turn. Otherwise, Lara just won't get the benefit of the doubt and lose every close round.

Comment

Working...
                    X