No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez: Arreola in Tremendous Shape For Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramirez: Arreola in Tremendous Shape For Stiverne

LOS ANGELES --- It's no secret that discipline has always been Chris Arreola's Achilles' heel. It's the main reason why he has never fully lived up to his vast potential.

Arreola's trainer Henry Ramirez said his fighter finally understood that after his loss to Bermane Stiverne in April 2013. It's why he made the decision to take Arreola out of town for his training camp against Seth Mitchell, which resulted in a first-round KO. And Ramirez believes that will be the difference when Arreola faces Stiverne in a rematch for the vacant WBC heavyweight title on Saturday at USC's Galen Center on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wing, Henry!

Looks smaller but just as flabby

Comment

Again, these dummies don't understand that some people do not have the genes to get cut up / ripped. If you've been to an actual gym you will noticed one or two who always hit the weights and while they look big, it's hard for them to get much definition.

Anyhow, back on topic. I think that not only is he in tremendous physical shape but he is also in good shape mentally heading into this fight. The Mitchell fight was a morale / confidence boost and a reminder of what he is capable of doing when he is focused and takes things seriously.

Comment

Yes he is, yes he is. It will show tomorrow

Comment

See that's crazy to me, I mean seriously if the people around you are supporting an unhealthy lifestyle why are you still around em? I mean let's be real whose the big bread earner in that family? Chris..so why can't cousin pepe, tia julia, and them keep unhealthy food from around him..I mean shhh make a sacrifice, eat a yogurt in front of cuz. I like Chris he seems like a really nice dude in interviews and a devoted father and all that but damn he ain't got like no self control. I'm glad someone decided to grab the bull by the horns and say "wake up you got a chance of a lifetime, put down the steak and eat this yogurt".

Comment

Some of you guys think this stuff is a bodybuilding contest -- you've become conditioned by seeing so many fighters on PEDs. Arreola is in as good a shape as he'll ever be in, he and Stiverne are at the same weight, so just relax and enjoy the fight....

Comment

Chris came in 3 lbs lighter than his last fight, and he is supposed to look ripped? 3 lbs? Good for Chris, some people have unreal expectations. Lots of luck to both guys, I hope it's a good show.

Comment

At HW, Arreola should be around 240. So yes, this is the shape he needs to be in. He will never look like an Adonis, his genetics are not for that. Well done Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup
                  See that's crazy to me, I mean seriously if the people around you are supporting an unhealthy lifestyle why are you still around em? I mean let's be real whose the big bread earner in that family? Chris..so why can't cousin pepe, tia julia, and them keep unhealthy food from around him..I mean shhh make a sacrifice, eat a yogurt in front of cuz. I like Chris he seems like a really nice dude in interviews and a devoted father and all that but damn he ain't got like no self control. I'm glad someone decided to grab the bull by the horns and say "wake up you got a chance of a lifetime, put down the steak and eat this yogurt".
                  I wouldn't really blame his family man. Idk if it was a video or an article that was posted long ago of Arreola admitting that he goes out to eat. And I think he even said one steak isn't enough. Or something along those lines...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    Chris came in 3 lbs lighter than his last fight, and he is supposed to look ripped? 3 lbs? Good for Chris, some people have unreal expectations. Lots of luck to both guys, I hope it's a good show.
                    No, he was 248 pounds for the previous fight, so he lost some mentionable weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X