No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella on The State of Boxing: A lot of Hate, Mayhem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella on The State of Boxing: A lot of Hate, Mayhem

Lou DiBella has never been one to play it close to the chest. Just watch his reactions ringside when one of his clients is fighting in the ring.

As a former television executive instrumental in the production of classic fights on HBO back in the 90’s and as a current promoter of some of the sport’s bigger names, he has spoken out from both sides. DiBella, who turns 54 next week, proudly wears his heart on his sleeve. He’s a keen observer of the sport and doesn’t hesitate to criticize what’s wrong with it. As such, his opinion is an important one.

“It’s interesting times for boxing,” DiBella recently told BoxingScene.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guy speaks the truth...but, he obviously hasn't been on this forum. Some of these guys ride with Al Haymon and RS or Arum likes it their job.

Comment

disagree on the Wlad era coming to an end
      could easily see Wlad reigning for at least another 5 yrs
      nobody at HW or currently at CW or LHW could go up and beat him
      aside from that, this was a good rant by Dibella
      in the real world, boxing fans just wanna see good fights
      that faggotry about networks, promoters, PPV buys, etc is only online
      if Pac and Floyd weren't gonna take care of business, glad to see them go
      Pac's been righting things lately, but it's too late, he's done now
      the political crap denying us the best fights sucks balls
      we need guys to just fight and keep the dealings behind the scenes

Comment

DiBella speaking truth and I'm very thankful for it. Nobody else seems to have the guts or conviction to do it.

Comment

Amen!!! It's about time a promotor spoke up. It's just a shame it wasn't anyone from golden boy or top rank. This cold war between promotors is pathetic and someone should really do something about it. Boxing writers need to focus on this issue more intensely. I hate to bring it up again and I don't even care if it never happens but the fact that we have the two most talented and popular fighters in the same weight class and they haven't faced each other is ridiculous. Not to mention the plethora of other fights we can't see because of this cold war bull ****. I don't think boxing will ever go away but I can easily see it becoming a lot less popular, especially with the traction MMA is receiving. These children need to grow up and do what right for boxing because it isn't really a sport anymore. There's Golden Boy boxing and there's Top Rank boxing we don't see the best vs the best and that's a crying shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamden1013 View Post
            There's Golden Boy boxing and there's Top Rank boxing we don't see the best vs the best and that's a crying shame.
            Yes! A short, concise and 100% true summary.

Comment

My favorite promoter in the game...hands down. Even with his TR feud he took the fight in front of the commission and kept as much out it out of the public eye for the most part. This dude just went in on all of boxing with nothing but truths and i'm sure he'll still be criticized for it.

Comment

It is funny hearing this stuff from Lou considering how volatile he can be if things don't go his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Guy speaks the truth...but, he obviously hasn't been on this forum. Some of these guys ride with Al Haymon and RS or Arum likes it their job.
                  People have a lot of opinions about those who run the game. The main reason for the polarization is because that's all they can do; argue about a situation they can't change. Ultimately, the fans just want to see the best fight the best, but because of the silly in-fighting, it doesn't always happen, so fans try to reason why/place blame. Hence, the finger pointing and taking sides.

Comment

i may be wrong but i feel certain guys sign with bob arum or oscar so they are protected from certain fights .....
                    your thoughts ??????

Comment

Working...
                    X