No announcement yet.

Tua: Ready To Pull The Trigger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tua: Ready To Pull The Trigger

Power is a dangerous thing in boxing, a well timed, well placed punch can end a fight in a split second. There are times when a hurt fighter can survive for one more round if his opponent is aware of the dangers that the hurt fighter possesses, the ability to go from hunted to hunter with one punch. But power can also have a catch twenty-two effect on the heavy hitter, too often he gets caught admiring his work and even with his corner yelling for him to stay busy, his mind betrays him by telling him that he can end matters at anytime. Such is the road often traveled by David Tua. [details]

we shouldnt even humor this guy with a front page article and mandatory thread

Comment

If he could get back to about 225 and throwing 50+ punches a round like he used to then he could be a force again. I don't see why he thinks he should weigh 255+ for a fight. I hope he does comeback because he is still pretty young for a heavyweight.

Comment

If he can get into decent shape, he has a very good chance. But its like it with a lot of comebacking heavyweights in this time. If's and buts. I just think they are in it for the payday.

I used to like Tua, until he fought Lennox Lewis. Biggest fight of his life, and he turns up fat and slow, and his excuse..

'my people like to feast'

Shame, cos if you watch his fight with Ike Ibeauchi, it was mad!

Comment

Yep, that was a great fight! If Tua can keep up that pace he can beat just about anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by slick12
            If he can get into decent shape, he has a very good chance. But its like it with a lot of comebacking heavyweights in this time. If's and buts. I just think they are in it for the payday.

I used to like Tua, until he fought Lennox Lewis. Biggest fight of his life, and he turns up fat and slow, and his excuse..

'my people like to feast'

Shame, cos if you watch his fight with Ike Ibeauchi, it was mad!
            I wouldn't even waste my breath with anymore "if he can get into blah blah blah"

we've done that for so long with the man...we've done that so long with Tyson...seems like "they are who they are now"....he isn't getting any younger and 225-235 are probably out of the question for a thick HW like Tua

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316
              I wouldn't even waste my breath with anymore "if he can get into blah blah blah"

we've done that for so long with the man...we've done that so long with Tyson...seems like "they are who they are now"....he isn't getting any younger and 225-235 are probably out of the question for a thick HW like Tua

Yeah, you might be right but what do we have if not our dreams!

Comment

I hope he can recapture some of his better form, but it's looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. all we can do is wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                X