Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin vs. Manuel Charr Set, 5/30 In Moscow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin vs. Manuel Charr Set, 5/30 In Moscow

The mystery is over regarding the next opponent for Alexander Povetkin. Strangely enough, confirmation came from the fighter who was squeezed out of the mix.

Next up for the former heavyweight titlist is Germany-based contender Manuel Charr, with the bout to take place May 30 in Russia.

The news confirms a story which first ran on Boxingscene.com last week, where Charr was rumored as the opponent. The suggestion originated from heavyweight contender Vyacheslav Glazkov, who hoped to land the assignment only to learn that Povetkin's handlers were already looking in another direction.

Charr (26-1, 15KO) comes into the fight riding a five-fight win streak, including a points win over American journeyman Kevin Johnson last month in Germany. Live Povetkin, the lone loss of his career comes at the hands of a Klitschko; Charr has the distinction as the last ever fighter to face - and lose to - Vitali Klitschko, suffering a cut which prompted an anti-climactic stoppage inside of four rounds.

The bout turned out to be the final ring appearance for the elder Klitschko, who announced his retirement more than a year later.

Povetkin (26-1, 18KO) hasn't fought since his loss to lineal World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko last April.

Charr and Povetkin are familiar with one another, beyond their both serving as heavyweight contenders. Both fighters previously fought under the Sauerland Event banner, although are now represented by different en****** these days.

"This will be an awesome fight", says Charr. "I am very proud that I got invited to fight Povetkin and reached an agreement with his handlers. This is my big chance to get in line for another world title shot. [Click Here To Read More]

Charr wins and gets robbed

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Povetkin had two decent early wins before Wlad. Not sure Charr is the real deal, so I see a Pov win. Should be a good watch.

Comment

This could be interesting!

Comment

Charr is a phony and was lucky against Klitschko that the fight was stopped otherwise Klitschko had easily knocked him out. Also intersting how the Russians react to Charr - heard he`s gay.......

Comment

Joke fight. Povetkin needs to KO Charr for sure, anything else would be ridiculous.

Comment

Not much here 4 This wbc international belt.

Charr's mouth is better than his talent...keep it where it is...

Comment

Charr has a solid guard and knows very well how to pressure. I have Povetkin as the favourite though because of his speed, footwork, combos and ring I.Q.

HOWEVER, Charr has the perfect style to make Povetkin tired. That's why Povetkin should come in an excellent shape, otherwise this fight could turn into a nightmare for him.

Comment

I would have preferred Wilder-Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Charr wins and gets robbed

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    povetkin is much better than charr unless the klit fight ruined povetkin I dont see charr posing much of a problem

Comment

Working...
                    X