No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez Would Like To Face Mares or Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez Would Like To Face Mares or Gonzalez

After his spectacular TKO victory over Miguel " Mikito " Soto, undefeated Jayson " La Maravilla" Vélez (22-0, 16KOs) wants to face the biggest names in the featherweight division where he is ranked at number 2 by the WBC .

"We will talk to my manager and the company (Miguel Cotto Promotions / Golden Boy Promotions). but we are ready for May or June and it does not matter. We are at another level , we want big fights, and when they are ready to [fight] I will be ready," stated Vélez after his victory over Soto. [Click Here To Read More]

Jayson Velez needs to fight 1 or 2 fringe contenders before he steps up to Mares and Gonzalez. At this point, Mares (even with low confidence) and Gonzalez beat the giraffe s**t out of Velez.

Comment

I was thinking about creating a list of the top 10 dumbest things a fighter has ever said. Velez would be in my top 5. I still can't believe that after he beat club fighter Salvador Sanchez II, he said "this is revenge for what Salvador Sanchez did to Wilfredo Gomez". Well, Velez can at least find solace from the fact that he will never be wrongfully accused of being intelligent. God forbid anyone should ever make that horrific mistake.

Comment

Velez is good !!and i think he is ready !but he should do at lease 10 more fights before go for the champion

Comment

too soon kid

Comment

chill jason, tranquilo.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I was thinking about creating a list of the top 10 dumbest things a fighter has ever said. Velez would be in my top 5. I still can't believe that after he beat club fighter Salvador Sanchez II, he said "this is revenge for what Salvador Sanchez did to Wilfredo Gomez". Well, Velez can at least find solace from the fact that he will never be wrongfully accused of being intelligent. God forbid anyone should ever make that horrific mistake.

Lately you've been on a sour grapes spree towards Puerto Rican fighters, it's alright if PRBOXINGCOTTO got to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
                Lately you've been on a sour grapes spree towards Puerto Rican fighters, it's alright if PRBOXINGCOTTO got to you.
                So I guess Broner and Mayweather are Puerto Rican??? So I guess praising Cotto is sour grapes which is what I did a few days ago??? Oh, wait, I think Andy Lee must be Puerto Rican too because I complained about him a bit. Ah, I get it, Khabib Allakhverdiev must be Puerto Rican since I bashed him. FYI - any boxer that says something downright stupid gets a comment from me. I am an equal opportunity critic. You are dismissed since you obviously co-signed Velez's stupid statement by not commenting how stupid his statement was.

And I laugh at pinhead PRBOXINGCOTTO who says things like the following and a hundred more just like this: PRBOXINGCOTTO: "Salido has no shot in beating juanma he couldnt even beat a chinny gamboa what makes you think he can handle the power of the best 126 pounder in the world." If I ever need a laugh, I can read one of his run-on statements. Last I recall, two of my top 12 favorite fighters, Wilfredo Benitez and Sammy Serrano didn't say stupid things like Velez.
                Last edited by richardt; 04-30-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

OVER RATED!! Aint fought anybody above C-level & will get wooped once he does.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ E View Post
                    OVER RATED!! Aint fought anybody above C-level & will get wooped once he does.
                    I'm Puerto Rican but a boxing fan first. Velez can talk all he wants but the only thing I remember about him is when he ducked Ponce Deleon with an injury. The fight was never brought up again

Comment

Working...
                    X