No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer, Chavez vs. Golovkin, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer, Chavez vs. Golovkin, More

by Robert Morales - Oscar De La Hoya on Wednesday told the Los Angeles Times a couple of interesting things regarding himself and his former promoter, Bob Arum. Although Richard Schaefer - CEO of De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions - was not mentioned by name, he was alluded to in one of the comments.

First, and we're paraphrasing, Lance Pugmire of the Times tweeted out that De La Hoya had reached out to Arum about making a Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez-Manny Pacquiao fight. Of course, since there has been so much hate between Golden Boy and Arum's Top Rank Inc., a fight like that has been highly unlikely before this apparent change of heart by De La Hoya.

A second tweet had De La Hoya saying that if anyone at Golden Boy has any differences with Arum, "It's on them."

We spoke to Schaefer by telephone Wednesday. He was asked to respond to both tweets regarding his boss. He said nothing about Pacquiao-Alvarez. As for the second item, Schaefer said flat-out, "Then I guess it's on me."

Arum and Schaefer have been at the heart of the so-called "cold war."

Why should anyone buy Mayweather-Maidana? Schaefer answers

A lot has been said about the upcoming May 3 Showtime pay-per-view card featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a welterweight title-unification fight against Marcos Maidana of Argentina. Some of it has not been nice. All one has to do is go on Twitter and there is no shortage of people wondering if they should buy the event.

The hesitance comes from the notion that as a heavy underdog, Maidana has little or no chance to make a real fight of it. Schaefer scoffs at that notion. [Click Here To Read More]

Lampley's mistake was embarrassing. He's better off not mentioning what is going on over on Showtime if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Comment

LMAO! Khan-Collazo is a 50-50 fight? I'm sure some dumb people will pay $75 for that undercard fight, but what more if it's the winner against Mayweather? Good luck selling that crap with another $75 "stacked" undercard!

Comment

very over rated announcer that relies heavily on those around him...if it's an hbo fight I go to hbo in Spanish just so I don't have to listen to his constant, "educated" banter...

Comment

GGG-Chavez is gonna be awesome. If GGG can crack Chavez they're gonna have to call him Gennady "Manos de Piedra" Golovkin.

That's a legit main event.

Comment

Glad shafter admitted he's the puto! Hope that pac/ginger can be made, especially if mares/donaire can be on the undercard!

Pac/nelo
            Donaire/mares
            provo/Rios
            Garcia/gamboa

One can only wish

Comment

Lampley showed once again why the Fight Game is a joke.

An in-shape Chavez is "a beast"? Vera is no match for Chavez talent wise? Even the rematch was pretty competitive, and I think Vera had a broken hand.

Comment

Better to mend the faces late rather than never. On the Golovkin vs Chavez..it'll be an interesting fight. Chavez has one hell of a chin on him but he's now got history with that cheek bone fracture that could become a target of a strong jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Lampley showed once again why the Fight Game is a joke.

An in-shape Chavez is "a beast"? Vera is no match for Chavez talent wise? Even the rematch was pretty competitive, and I think Vera had a broken hand.

At this rate he's going to get Willie Nelson mixed up with Willie Nelson and Brad Pitt mixed up with Brad Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Better to mend the faces late rather than never. On the Golovkin vs Chavez..it'll be an interesting fight. Chavez has one hell of a chin on him but he's now got history with that cheek bone fracture that could become a target of a strong jab.
                    I would bet icon Lara easy on this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X