No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: No Top Rank Extension Unless I'm Paid Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: No Top Rank Extension Unless I'm Paid Right

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio César Chávez Jr. is refusing to sign a contract extension with longtime promoter Top Rank, because the Mexican star indicates that he's not being properly compensated for his fights. He says the extension provided is lacking the money that he feels is adequate for a fighter of his caliber.

Top Rank is trying to finalize a fight on July 19th with Gennady Golovkin, but the fight can't happen unless Chavez signs the extension.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Top Rank turned took him from sideshow to superstar, really.

Comment

not siding with uncle bob but chavez, jr. doesn't really carry much weight in terms of ppv. ever since he was exposed by martinez, chavez, jr. has lost his luster. his last fight brought in chump change. chavez, jr. isn't even ranked for crying out loud

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Top Rank turned took him from sideshow to superstar, really.
        Still would Top Rank show him loyalty if he was not much use to them anymore?

It is not what you have done for me, it is what you can do for me~

Comment

Arum is trying to screw all his fighters from manny to mikey and now chavez jr

Comment

Besides Manny, Jr is by far their biggest name, whether he deserves it a lot. He brings money and Mexicans. Top rank absolutely can't let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Besides Manny, Jr is by far their biggest name, whether he deserves it a lot. He brings money and Mexicans. Top rank absolutely can't let him go.
              al haymon black harvard lawyer got this..lol al woke chavez up to whjat top rank does

Comment

He shouldnt have to sign an extension and i dont see why the fight cant happen without one

Comment

Good **** Chavez. Make that fat **** Arum pay.

Comment

im a fan but this guy needs to slap himself thank al haymon for this everyones starting to think they are worth more than they are its a business you get some they get some this is why showtime hasn't made any money

Comment

Working...
                    X