No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Trainer: Chavez Fight is '99% Done'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Trainer: Chavez Fight is '99% Done'

A proposed super middleweight fight between Gennady Golovkin (29-0, 26KOs) and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (48-1-1, 32KOs) has been discussed for weeks now, but negotiations have dragged on.

However, those talks should be wrapping up within a week, and the fight should signed, sealed and delivered for July 19 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., according to Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks Boxing God! I'm relieved this fight will happen.
    Gonna be a war!! My boy GGG will good boy Chavez

Comment

only one last condition to be agreed on, set by the Golovkin Camp

Chavez Jr must agree not to consume PEB (performance enhancing burgers) before less than 48 hrs before the fight. And he must not eat more than 10 big macs within a week of the fight as we know that trans fats increase his punching power by about 69%
      - Abel Sanchez

Come on fellas! hopefully this is signed off and we are all good to go for the fight

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        A proposed super middleweight fight between Gennady Golovkin (29-0, 26KOs) and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (48-1-1, 32KOs) has been discussed for weeks now, but negotiations have dragged on.

However, those talks should be wrapping up within a week, and the fight should signed, sealed and delivered for July 19 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., according to Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        This is a dangerous fight for GGG. I think Chavez is a lazy guy and doesnt work hard but he can take a shot and can punch. Hes also a really big middleweight. I see GGG losing.

Comment

If GGG stops Chavez at 168, I think it will be hard not to call him number 1 at 160. He'd do something Martinez couldn't do, and in harder conditions (I assume Chavez at 168 will be harder to stop than at 160). GGG has been fighting boxers who'd never been stopped, and most of the time the question wasn't if he was going to win, but how he'd win. Hopefully the trend continues.

Comment

GGGtrain, lets go.

Comment

... I suspect that the "fight is '99% done" except the contract provision that prevents Chavez Jr. from coming as a cruiserweight in the fight night...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... I suspect that the "fight is '99% done" except the contract provision that prevents Chavez Jr. from coming as a cruiserweight in the fight night...

that's definitely what's going down.

99% done, but chavez wants to come in at 210 on fight night, and miss 168 by 15 lbs on the weigh in.

just make this fight, boxing gods. i'll pay the ppv price and watch it with my d#ck in my hands.

Comment

I think the words Chavez and Middleweight are probably long gone now.

He couldn't even make the weight class above, for his 1st Vera fight.

GGG can take a shot and his defence will be ok against a big predictable guy.

Chavez is getting TKO'd.

Comment

golovkin will beat JR at HW. i don't think he knocks him out at 168, doe.

maybe i'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X