No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Says Gennady Golovkin Negotiations Back On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Says Gennady Golovkin Negotiations Back On

Last week, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. rejected a proposal to fight IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, at 168, on July 19 at the Forum in Inglewood, California - because Chavez wasn't happy with a signing a contract extension with Top Rank. The Mexican star was not satisfied with portions of the extension, including his guaranteed minumem per fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure Chavez Jr. really wants this Golovkin win on his record, either of these fighters scoring a W is a nice boost in reputation and a nice name on their records especially if either knocks each other out.

Chavez Jr. probably thinks he can overwhelm GGG in the ring, which is possible.

Comment

Heck yes im so amped for this would even buy the ppv . Chavez must know something we dont

Comment

Hell of a fight.

Chavez Jr. finally becomes a good boy...

Comment

won't believe it till i see jr. climb into the ring.
          he's going to try to get out of this fight.
          very little chance against golovkin.

can't believe you guys that think chavez can beat ggg.

Comment

Lots of contract disputes with Top Rank these days...

Comment

Lets hope chavez doesn't run.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                Lots of contract disputes with Top Rank these days...
                It seems kind of shady to me that Chavez Jr has to sign a contract extension when all he wants is just to fight Golovkin.

If the kid was more savvy he would tell Bob no thanks, just get me GGG and pay me well. When my contract runs out we can talk about renewing it then. That way I can compare offers from other promoters not just you.

Comment

I don't understand the part about the TR contract when chavez jr has always been signed to Zanfer along with Marquez

Comment

damn this fight has FOTY written all over it so Arum better not F this up he better keep JCC happy so the fight goes down on time!

Comment

Working...
                    X