No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Broke From Televisa Over Blame For Death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Broke From Televisa Over Blame For Death

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (43-1-1, 31KOs) caused a serious stir in Mexico after announcing that his next fight, on July 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, would not be carried by Mexican network Televisa.

Canelo has been the network's star fighter for several years, but a serious allegation has led him to walk away.

According to Canelo's trainer Jose 'Chepo' Reynoso, a magazine [Tv y Novelas] under the Televisa banner wrote an article a few weeks ago - where it blamed Canelo for the death of Mexican former world champion Javier "Chatito" Jáuregui.

Last December, the 40-year-old Jauregui suffered a serious stroke and died a day later at a hospital in Guadalajara.

The article made allegations that Canelo, despite Jauregui's health issues, was using the veteran for sparring to prepare for the ring return on March 8th, which came against Alfredo Angulo. Not only did the article claim that Canelo was using him for sparring, it claimed that Canelo held nothing back and gave Jauregui bad beatings during the sessions.

Canelo was furious with the article, as Jauregui was a close friend of the entire team. He was even more furious that Televisa would stand behind such an article.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I respect Canelo so much.

He said he wanted Floyd. He said he wanted Angulo & in both cases GBP wanted to protected him but he told them STFU.

He then demanded they get him Lara for the fans.

And then he turns his back on millions of dollars from a TV company for a principle because friendship & respect is worth more to him.

I like Canelo more everyday. The guy is a genuine warrior and a truly honorable person.

Comment

very strange allegations. we obviously need more information.

i can't see any of this happening in the USA. large en****** have too much to lose to go out and make public statements like that.

Comment

Once the snake leaves, it never comes back.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt the reports considering he beat up little ass Ulises Solis.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Of all the mexican warriors he chose to beat up an old man with health problems SMH #lostrespectcanelo

Comment

“No, he (Canelo) has already a lot of fights,” answered Beristain of the 38-0-1 (28) fighter. “What happens is they put him against a lot of punching bags, bad fighters and old. [In Mexico], they call him ‘The Murderer of the Elderly.’ - Nacho Beristain, 2011

#nachoknows

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw110 View Post
                Of all the mexican warriors he chose to beat up an old man with health problems SMH #lostrespectcanelo
                Obviously I don't know the full details but how is 40 an "old man" nowadays? that's a whopping 3 years older than Mayweather. If his death is related to sparring it was clearly due to the heart condition not due to Canelo running up on some elderly man with a walker and beating the snot out of him.

Sounds like a tabloid trying to take advantage of someone's death.
                Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-09-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
                  I respect Canelo so much.

He said he wanted Floyd. He said he wanted Angulo & in both cases GBP wanted to protected him but he told them STFU.

He then demanded they get him Lara for the fans.

And then he turns his back on millions of dollars from a TV company for a principle because friendship & respect is worth more to him.

I like Canelo more everyday. The guy is a genuine warrior and a truly honorable person.
                  hard to disagree with this

Comment

SMH this guy beats up small WW's, past prime fighters, little ass Solis and now senior citizens. But when he faces a prime guy in his weight he gets dominated as a result.

Comment

Working...
                    X