Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Chris Arreola Putting in Hard Work For Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Chris Arreola Putting in Hard Work For Stiverne

Heavyweight puncher Chris Arreola (36-3-1, 31KOs) is putting in a lot of hard work for his upcoming rematch with Bermane Stiverne (23-1-1, 20KOs), taking place on May 10th in California and televised on ESPN. Last year, Stiverne won a twelve round unanimous decision over Arreola. The rematch has much higher stakes, as the vacant World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight championship will be up for grabs. [Click Here To Read More]

been awhile since he looked that trim... added lots of tattoos I see

Comment

he's definitely not in great shape, but he's in much better shape than he's been.

getting in truly great shape for arreola would require a year of eating well, and i just don't think he has that in him. i think he's working hard in the gym and running, which he hasn't done in the past.

i love watching arreola fight, even when he's jiggling all over the place. he's got a great chin and good power. he's an exciting HW. if he were to get in great shape (220 lbs) he'd be a rough fight for anybody not named klitschko.

i'd love to see arreola vs wilder or fury. tyson fury is the best press conference fighter in boxing right now. that would be an HBO level fight for sure.

Comment

He is never going to look the part of being in great shape, he has spent too much time damaging his body for that to really ever reverse itself.

Still he is putting in the effort needed to be better in that regard, and it should pay dividends for him especially if he can maintain this sort of commitment longer term (which I kind of doubt but am willing to wait and see).

Comment

looking forward to this free hvwt rematch.
          depending on which arreola shows up i
          think he could take it second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He is never going to look the part of being in great shape, he has spent too much time damaging his body for that to really ever reverse itself.

Still he is putting in the effort needed to be better in that regard, and it should pay dividends for him especially if he can maintain this sort of commitment longer term (which I kind of doubt but am willing to wait and see).

he will always giggle a bit, but he can certainly trim up a good deal if he eats well in addition to training hard.

arreola also loves his beers. he'll ahv eto cut those out, too.

Comment

he'll still look like a collapse blancmange when he takes that top off

Comment

Lol at the comments ^

He's still a blob but he's a fit blob, if that makes sense. He looks much better than he has been. Glad to see him get a second wind in his career

Comment

De gordo a gordito. Arriba Arreola!

Solis should take some notes and find something to get him motivated. In Arreola's case I'm assuming its his daughter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    he will always giggle a bit, but he can certainly trim up a good deal if he eats well in addition to training hard.

arreola also loves his beers. he'll ahv eto cut those out, too.
                    Yea, he certainly should cut out beer if he is still drinking it I know that was a huge issue with him, he has the whole rest of his life to drink as much beer as he wants after his career is through.

He can probably also go farther with his diet but I do feel he has improved even in that area, so I like that. The real issue comes later does he keep improving how he takes care of himself or does he fall back into bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                    X