No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jantony Ortiz, Olympian, Inking Pact With Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jantony Ortiz, Olympian, Inking Pact With Miguel Cotto

Olympian Jantony Ortiz, who represented Puerto Rico in the 2012 London Olympics, will be signing a contract with Miguel Cotto's promotional company, Miguel Cotto Promotions. Ortiz will debut on June 7 at Madison Square Garden in New York, as part of the undercard where Cotto will be challenging WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez.

During the Olympics, Ortiz was defeated in Round 16 by former European champion David Ayrapetyan. Jantony's brother, Antonio Ortiz, has already made the leap to the professional ranks and is unbeaten with 5 wins and two knockouts. [Click Here To Read More]

If you're not going to sign with TR, GBP, or Haymon why even bother going pro. I understand he may have to take care of his family, etc. but he probably got a cheap signing bonus from Cotto Promotions. Plus, they've failed to develop any star, their matchmaker has no clue.

Comment

he is actually my favorite from this past class. Im guessing he is going pro since J. Cintron is than man now in PR!!

Comment

Business wise, don't know if this is smart, as after Miguel loses to SM, how much pull does he have moving this kid up the ladder, unaided?

Fighting in NYC w/that tax structure, the kid will b making virtually nothing...

I read & saw photos he is getting assistance , but exactly what I don't know , from WBC...

I wish him luck, he has talent...

Comment

Cotton has pull with top rank and GBP his fighters can fight for either company with NP its a smart move cotto will be the next delahoya in boxing when it comes to promoting

Comment

Working...
          X